Expand my Community achievements bar.

Screen share 'pop-up not showing' bug update

Level 2

Hi LCCS team,

Following up on my prior post in regards to the screen share pop-up not showing bug.

The latest round of testing indicates that this bug is exclusive to IE. I tried this on Windows 7 (64-bit)

with Firefox and everything works fine (the pop-up displays after about 3 seconds). One IE 8, it

doesn't display at all. I have to click on it in the taskbar to show it. This is a major bug that

needs to be resolved in order to make screen share a good experience across public use.

Btw, I have tried the commercial application of screen share in another Adobe product

and it works flawlessly there. I assume the same code base is used? Would be great

to see that latest release (stability, speed and overall experience) ported into the LCCS
add-in.

Any solution on what is causing this? A few of us are anxiously awaiting a solution. :-)

Thanks,

Michael

8 Replies

Level 2

Micheal,

Thought I will let you know that I tried it on Win 7, x64, IE 9 beta, flash player 10.2 and it worked for me. I really do not thing the IE 8 or 9 will make a difference.

Former Community Member

Thank you for the additional information Michael and Scharles. Every bit of information helps.

I gave it a try with IE and I was not able to reproduce the issue with my Windows 7 - 64 bit machine using IE 8 (version: 8.0.7600.16385).

But this bug is reproducible for JG on his Windows 7 - 32 bit machine.

Please know that our team is diligently working on investigating this issue (Arun and JG are working on it this week).

Best,

Julien

LCCS Quality Engineering

Level 3

I'm having similar issue, my plugin won't load, I'm firing it from and Air app and I'm on Windows Vista 64 bit.

I had previously uninstalled the app because it would load, but not prompt me for what I wanted to share.  I had hoped uninstalling might load an updated plugin, but, now it won't fire at all.  It fires the AddInLauncherEvent.FAIL almost immediately after calling ScreenSharePublisher.publish().

Suggestions?

Thanks,

David

Employee

Hi David,

Can you share your code and the logs if possible. There might be many reasons why AddInLauncherEvent.FAIL is thrown, so more information would help us help you.

Thanks

Arun

Employee

Just to add more, AIR app cant install the addin due to security issues. So if you have un-installed the addin, the AIR app is handicapped to install one.  Check this post for more details.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3142325#3142325

Thanks

Arun

Level 3

Arun:

Not sure I understand, do you mean that an AIR app can't install a plugin?  It actually used to work, so, it installed it at some point.

And, I believe I found the issue.  Through some other posts, I found that the plugin is installed here (I'm on Vista 64 bit):

C:\Users\David Welch\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\acaddin

The folder "acaddin" still existed, with no files there.  So I downloaded the plugin manually (here:  http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1802025#), and copied the zip file contents to the "acaddin" directory, and it now works fine.

Thanks,

David

Employee

Yes your AIR app would be able to ScreenShare if the addin is already installed.

If you run your AIR app in a machine without Addin, then AIR app is handicapped to install it for you. A Web app can install Addin though.

Thanks

Arun

Level 4

Can we redistribute the installer for the addin ? So I can include

it in our custom installer package.

Sent from my iPhone