Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

open protected documents with Reader X

Level 3

Hi ,

I get a problem when open protected documents withe Reader X , all of  them can be opened normally with reader 9.x in the same machine , so there is nothing to do with the client certificate . when tring to open the protected documents with reader X , error messages will appear in the console of Weblogic , it says :

Unexpected exception in Rest Call
com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestException
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestSecureRequest.<init>(RestSecureRequest.java:43)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestSecureRequestHandler.handleRequest(RestSecureRequestHandler.java:9)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestRequestRouter.routeRequest(RestRequestRouter.java:10)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestServlet.doAction(RestServlet.java:50)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestServlet.doGet(RestServlet.java:38)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:821)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:184)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.doIt(WebAppServletContext.java:3686)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3650)
        at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
        at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2268)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2174)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1446)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)
com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestException
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestSecureRequest.<init>(RestSecureRequest.java:43)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestSecureRequestHandler.handleRequest(RestSecureRequestHandler.java:9)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestRequestRouter.routeRequest(RestRequestRouter.java:10)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestServlet.doAction(RestServlet.java:50)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestServlet.doGet(RestServlet.java:38)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:821)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:184)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.doIt(WebAppServletContext.java:3686)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3650)
        at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
        at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2268)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2174)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1446)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

I know there must be somewhere wrong with my configurations , but I don't where and how to correct it . I can open protected documents using the reader X in  our new installed environment (same as the above  : Weblogic10g3 & JRockit  xx 64bit & SQLServer 2008 & Windows 2008 64bit ). The trouble is : I can't reinstall the environment which is working for the customer , so I want to find the wrong I made and correct it .

Any help ?

Evan Jem

1 Reply

Level 3

I've got it , should be upgraded to Livecycle 9.0.0.2