Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Reader extensions and attachments problem

Level 4

Hi all

I have designed a form for a user to complete using either Acrobat or Reader.  I would also like them to be able to add an attachment to the PDF (which Paul kindly helped on).

All works fine when I preview in LiveCycle or Acrobat but when I add the reader extensions in Acrobat and resave the form the attachment button no longer works.  I have had a quick look on the web with regards to this issue.  Can someone confirm that if you extend the rights in a form it will disable the option to add attachments?

If so, is there a way to resolve the issue for someone with just a reader to be able to fill in a form, and add any attachments.

Once again your advice is very much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Yes that is corrrect but if you Reader Extend in Acrobat you can save locally, digitally sign it and comment it.

Paul

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Former Community Member

You need to Reader Extend the form to allow for attachments. This right is only present in the LiveCycle version of Reader Extensions and not in the Acrobat version.

Paul

Level 4

Thanks Paul

How do I reader extend in the LiveCycle version then.  I had a look on the options in LiveCycle designer and could not find anything.

Thanks

Darren

Former Community Member

Its in LiveCycle Server not in Designer. There is a LiveCycle Reader Extensions server component.

Paul

Level 4

Hi Paul

Okay thanks very much for clearing this up, so basically is this correct:

Adobe Acrobat you can use it to view, save and add attachments to LiveCycle

forms.

Adobe Reader you can use it to view and save LiveCycle forms provided that

it has been Reader Extended in Adobe Acrobat.

If you want Adobe Reader to add attachments to LiveCycle forms you have to

buy a LiveCycle Server (and I wont ask how much that costs!)

Thanks

Darren

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Yes that is corrrect but if you Reader Extend in Acrobat you can save locally, digitally sign it and comment it.

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul, I'm hoping you can help me. You seem to know what you are talking about re. LiveCycle Designer 8.0. I produce a lot of forms but I cannot get my text fields ('Comments' on sampleto expand and/or continue over to the next page depending on the amount of text I put in. I just get the scroll bar. I've ticked the 'expand' box in the Layout pallette, ticked the 'allow multiple lines' in the Object pallette. My forms are 'interactive' and 'dynamic' in the form properties box. Any advice would be appreciated.

Barum55 (desperate!)

Former Community Member

Make sure the root subform that is housing your content is in a flowed subform.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----