Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reader Extending and Complete Buttons

Level 2

Jasmin or anyone who can answer.

We are in a situation where for whatever reason many of our users have both Acrobat and Reader on their workstations. If we don't Reader extend our PDF forms and a user opens the form within Workspace in Reader, because say they already had Reader opened, they will get a message about not being able to save data in the form. If we Reader extend the document beforehand in Acrobat, because we don't own the Reader Extension service, and then save it in the repository when that form gets rendered in Workspace the Complete button doesn't get rendered but instead the Submit button on the form itself, the process fields one, does appear. If I open that form in Workbench it tells me the Reader Extensions will be removed and if I say yes and then simply save the form it then renders fine in Workspace Complete button and all.

Is there a way to Reader Extend a form and still get Workspace to render the form with the Complete button without the Reader Extension service and if so how?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes. I'm thinking the usage rights might be applied after the forms bridge is added to the PDF, but I'm not sure.

Then remove the inject form bridge from your render service and see.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

What about if you add the form bridge on your form before you apply the usage rights.

Jasmin

Level 2

If you are referring to the process fields those are added before the usage rights are applied.

Basically the form is created in Designer or Workbench and then tested in Workspace and it works fine. The usage rights are added via Acrobat and the form is put back into the repository but when tested in Workspace the Complete button isn't rendered and instead the Submit button from the process fields is on the form itself. So it appears adding the usage rights the way we are doing it makes it so Workspace doesn't recognize the process fields Submit button (the form bridge if I am understanding you correctly) and instead sees it as just a regular Submit button.

Level 10

No. I'm referring to the "Forms Bridge" in the custom category in Form Designer. This is the object that actually enables the communication between Workspace and LiveCycle.

Jasmin

Level 2

We use the 'inject form bridge' service in our custom render process. Are you suggesting taking it out of our render process and adding it directly to the form during the design and before we add the usage rights?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes. I'm thinking the usage rights might be applied after the forms bridge is added to the PDF, but I'm not sure.

Then remove the inject form bridge from your render service and see.

Jasmin

Level 2

That worked Jasmin, thanks a lot.