Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Adding Hyperlinks to a pdf form

Level 5

Good Day All;

Ok... this is driving me crazy. I have looked through the web to try to find a way to add a hyperlink. Can not find a thing. One would think this would be easy!

Does anyone know how to add a hyperlink (let's say to an other document) to a pdf form?

Thansk all.

Chomp

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You could try using a button for the hyperlink and then alter the colors so it is completely invisible except for the label.  It's kind of a workaround, but if you really don't have the ability to add a hyperlink, it may save you any further concussions.

Hope this helps!

Ryan D. Lunka

Cardinal Solutions Group

rlunka@cardinalsolutions.com

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Add a Text object, highlight/select the text in the Text object instance, go to the toolbar and Insert > Hyperlink.

Level 5

Thanks Steve;

I wish it was that easy. I am running LiveCycle 8. There is no "add hyperlink" in the insert tab or anyother tab. There is just about everything else.  I have also tried to add XML code and that did not seem to work.

Thnks

Chomp

Level 3

I'm running LCD 8 too.

The Hyperlink Command can be found on the Insert Menu, third from the bottom. I missed it myself at first.

Good Luck

Level 5

Thanks Dave;

Ok... I think I will bang my head. This is what I have on the menu >Insert>(dropdown) from the bottom up when I have highlighted at text object.

Delete Page

New Page

The next 4 are grayed out (wraping in subforms)

Wrap in subforms

Bar Codes

Custom

Standard

I am using LiveCycle as part of Adobe Professional 8. Does this make a difference?

Back to banging head...... Wait... It's a beer

Regards

Chomp

Level 3

Hi Chomp,

I'm using Acrobat Professional 9 and with that came LiveCycle Designer ES, Version 8.2.1.4029.1.523496

I'm guessing that the version variance might account for the difference.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You could try using a button for the hyperlink and then alter the colors so it is completely invisible except for the label.  It's kind of a workaround, but if you really don't have the ability to add a hyperlink, it may save you any further concussions.

Hope this helps!

Ryan D. Lunka

Cardinal Solutions Group

rlunka@cardinalsolutions.com

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----