Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Processing XML document from Watched Folder

Level 2

Hello!

We are in the process of converting Adobe Central documents over to Adobe LiveCycle. We are currently working on getting the processes to work. We have one where we have created a Watched Folder. The process is expecting to work with XML and produce an Output document. Should the input variable be of type "Document" or "XML"? I've been keeping it as "Document" since XML documents will be placed in the folder. After that I am not sure how to retrieve the XML from the document. Would anyone have any thoughts on this?

I appreciate it!

Wendy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Once you store the XML in the document variable

You can use the set value step to assign the document to XML type

Lets know if you face issues in doing this

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 2

Update: I'm pretty sure I need to use hte "Document" type. I am still having issues with extracting the XML from the document in the Watched Folder. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Level 5

In Workbench - look at Common - Form Data Integration - exportData

Pass your PDF through this service to return the XML from an interactive form.

Good Luck

Mark

Level 2

Hey, thank you but it appears we do not have this service. Maybe we are missing the module for this? We have the Output module.

Level 2

Hello,

The post has been very insightful! I tried creating a subprocess but the ouput only allows for a type "document" where I believe I need a type "XML" to be the output. Any ideas on how to get the output to be of type "XML"? We also tried using the "Read File" activity but it also only allows for a data type of "document". Would you have any suggestions on this?

Thanks!

Wendy

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Once you store the XML in the document variable

You can use the set value step to assign the document to XML type

Lets know if you face issues in doing this