Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Missing 'Favorites' group

Level 1

I carried a group of 'Favorites' objects over from my last job when I came to work for a new company.  I copied and pasted the items into the Designer 9/EN directory (copied the entire Objects folder).  I see the items that were in my last job's 'Standard' group just fine (I had added a few to it and they show up), but i don't see the 'Favorites' group at all.  I know that I was running the LCDesigner that came with Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, but I am running AcroX here - could that keep my Favorites from showing?  I've done this exact same thing before from work to a home PC and had no trouble, but they were both running 9 Pro's LCD.....any suggestions?

Or could I just be forgetting something here - I don't see where I add an additional group to display - I have two groups in the directory that have objects in them, but don't display - Favorites, and a complete custom group called SCTS. How do I get either of these groups to display in the object library?  All I show is Standard, Custom and Barcodes.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You shoudl be able to move those objects from one machine to another. My guess is that the location of the library has changed. To add a new Library click on the properties icon in the top right corner (Marked in red on the diagram below). This will allow you to create a new library Group and to specifiy a location.

screen1.png

The properties for the group are listed below:

screen2.png

Once the group is added you can click on the properties of that specific group using the properties icon (green circle in the 1st diagram).

The specific properties are listed below:

screen3.png

Make sure that the location and the rights are set correctly so you can add your own objects to your designer.

The default rights and location may have changed in the new Designer.

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You shoudl be able to move those objects from one machine to another. My guess is that the location of the library has changed. To add a new Library click on the properties icon in the top right corner (Marked in red on the diagram below). This will allow you to create a new library Group and to specifiy a location.

screen1.png

The properties for the group are listed below:

screen2.png

Once the group is added you can click on the properties of that specific group using the properties icon (green circle in the 1st diagram).

The specific properties are listed below:

screen3.png

Make sure that the location and the rights are set correctly so you can add your own objects to your designer.

The default rights and location may have changed in the new Designer.

Paul

Level 1

Well done, Paul!  Thanks so much for taking time to do the screen shots - I completely missed the top right corner fly out menu.  I did exactly as you said to create a new group and then point to it for content.

It was very kind of you to take the time to help me, and I really do appreciate it.

All the best.

Pat

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----