Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Javascript Code To Uncheck Other Buttons in same Row not working?

Level 2

Hi there,

I'm pretty sure this question has been asked several times, but i'm quite new at adobe live cycle and i'm already having  an issue. I feel as if it's a really simple issue...?

First of all, i went straight in to livecycle ES3. I converted the word document automatically in to live cycle and went to the first checkbox. I scripted in the following code in to the change because i want to be able to have it so that it unchecks the ratings from 2-5 if the first rating is selected. After running the pdf version to test it out, the script does not function. I'm assuming that i'm missing something super simple...? NOTE: I DID NOT ADD ANY OTHER SCRIPTS OR FUNCTIONS AFTER CONVERTING IT. Perhaps im missing a line that i would need just as you would in java? ie) import or w/e... (this is my first time using javascripts and livecycle)

questions.png

7 Replies

Level 2

NOTE: I DID NOT ADD ANY OTHER SCRIPTS OR FUNCTIONS AFTER CONVERTING IT. Perhaps im missing a line that i would need just as you would in java? ie) import or w/e... (this is my first time using javascripts and livecycle)

Level 10

Hi there,

to be able to access the checkbox2, checkbox3 and so on, you need to make sure you have the right reference_syntax

By looking quickly at your form without the part Row[9] in the hierarchy, I'd say you are missing the parent's object in the resolveNode() method

Cell[2] is for checkbox1

then Cell[3] must be for checkbox2, to be able to access to checkbox2 you must access to it's parent first

this.resolveNode("Row[9].Cell[3].Paragraph.Checkbox2");

Make sure each objects before checkbox2 in the resolveNode above is the right objects to access to that checkbox exactly

Level 2

Ive tried that already. I figured out a different way to implement the unchecks though, via right click @ checkbox and using the actions list. now im just wondering if there is a faster way to implement these lines of codes manually without using the actions list.

Level 10

I believe the SOM Expression you're using are just wrong because you use this.resolveNode which will start a search for nodes only in the subtree of the XML source beginning with the current node (Checkbox1).

As there are no nodes below TopmostSubform.Page1.Table.Row[9].Cell[2].Paragraph.Checkbox1 resolveable and so nothing happens.

You screenshot doesn't show the hierarchy of this part of the form, so I cannot say, which will be the correct SOM expression for you to use.

Level 3

I always use

Checkbox1.rawValue=0;

Checkbox2.rawValue=0;

etc.. and have never had a problem.

Hope that helps

Level 10

You might always have used it this way because the objects were in the place holder (subform, row) but you have to make sure to use the right SOM Expression as radzmar said a.k.a. reference_syntax

See the picture below how it works :

somExpression.png

To access the textfield on the button's event I need to access the textfield's parents to be able to get to its rawValue, otherwise the object is not accessible from the xml node tree of the button.

So because Subform1 is the parent of Button1, all the accessible objects would be within Subform1 AND all objects at the same level as any parent of Button1.

Otherwise any other object not considered within the XML tree is not accessible

I hope this help

Level 2

Yep i figured it out already. thanks!