Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

echo cancellation

Level 4

So does AFCS have echo cancellation for voip calls?   I know connect pro is supposed to and I know that the stock flash player with stratus does not.   Sorry if this is an obvious question.

Thank you,

Eric

65 Replies

Level 3

Maybe it's my own ignorance here...

But what about these options as a temporary solution.

1. I mean making a routine that the first person to speak grabs hold of the mic...that user's speaker volume is reduced.... "the first person to speak" can be decided either by pressing the talk button... or by sound level... in case of noise background, would have to filter out background noise... which would get kinda complicated...

2. Voice leveling... if there is a spike [due to noise] in volume level the mic is automatically adjusted.

Level 1

Check out this blog http://www.solicall.com/blog/?p=27 - for a discussion on echo cancellation for browser-based applications.

Level 3

I did it daminee80...

Try this:

http://imundo.me

and press the "talk" button when you speak.

Your speaker volume is reduced and user's mic is reduced too.

Former Community Member

Hi~ bernard-qc

I've tried your app, and I didn't hear any echo.

I think it would be a nice solution for this time.

Could you please tell me how did you do it?

How do you mute the speaker?

i tried the code like this:

//

var newSoundTransform:SoundTransform=new SoundTransform();

newSoundTransform.volume=0;

this.soundTransform=newSoundTransform;

//

but it's not work.

Level 3

Hi,

You do this via the audioSubscriber :

audioSub.setLocalVolume(.2);

Bernard

Former Community Member

Bernard-qc,

I also am getting terrible echo and it`s almost to the point where it renders the app. useless for users!  I have tried setting useEchoSuppression="true", but it appears to have only a negligible effect!

The LCCS team has done an awesome job, and the service is great, but I`m afraid that there needs to be some improvement in the audio department.  With apps. like Skype setting the precedent for p2p video chat, users/customers will simply not tolerate being required to wear a headset any more!

Thank you for this!  I will give it a try!

Matt

Employee

Echo cancellation is coming in the Flash player. You just need to hang in there a little longer.

Sent from my iPhone

Level 3

Hi Raff,

Two things remain to be corrected from here the arrival of the player 10.3: Echo cancellation and the loss of the audio signal coming sometimes from a participant in particular. It is often necessary to refresh the audio communication (stop/start audiopub or audioSub.resetAllStreams). Also, it arrives as sometimes as certain systems and navigator freezes when there are several participants at the same time. However, the reader 10.2 seems to have corrected this problem partly. All the remainder is A1!

Bernard

Level 1

Hi.

Please keep us posted on the projected "arrival date" of the echo cancellation feature. This problem is creating havoc with a project I am busy with (and I'm sure I'm not alone). It would help alot to know if there is going to be a delay (or hopefully an earlier date for solution) if June does not stay fixed in concrete as the due date.

Thanks

Michael

Level 1

Judging from Rob Christensen's comment on Jul 7, 2009, Echo Cancellation has been worked on for the last year and a half... still nothing?

Former Community Member

Like fine wine, valuable new features can take time. That said, I can say we are making great progress on this.

Level 1

Great! I hope that also includes any "issues" that may still exist when

multiple participants are talking at the same time (per Bernard's post #28).

Please keep us appraised of progress. I look forward to sipping this "wine"

when its ready to drink ...

Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed.

Michael

Former Community Member

Hi Folks,

Good news. We just released the beta version of Flash Player 10.3 for Windows, Mac, and Linux on Adobe Labs tonight. You can check out the new features of Flash Player 10.3 including the AEC feature now. Let us know what you think.

Thanks,

Fang

Level 1

Hi Fang.

My Developer is telling me that Flash 10.3 has "low volume of audio", and that interruption of audio coccurs. Have you had these reports?

Have others (on this forum) tested it to determine whether this occurs generally?

Has it been tested on various browser engines?

We'd really like to get to the stage where we can use this software in the knowledge that there are "no surprises".

If we can't I'd appreciate a pointer from anyone to an alternative product, as we are being delayed in bringing our project to the market.

Thanks

Michael

Employee

Hi Michael,

We double checked the Audio issue, and we werent able to reproduce the issue you reported.

Are you using lccs 10.3 beta swc ?. Can you share little more information about the SDK version, OS name & the browser you are using.

Thanks

Arun

Level 1

Thanks Arun. I have sent your requests to my Developer and am awaiting their

response. As soon as I receive it I will advise you. They did say they were

going to be carrying out further tests over the next day or 2.

We appreciate the speedy response form you guys ...

Cheers.

Michael

Level 1

Hi again Arun.

My developer advises that thaye tested it - it does not work at all. no sound when using AEC. They found previous release of beta 2, was working better than current release candidate". Here is the additional info you wanted:

1) Flash Player 10.3 release candidate. full version is 10.3.180.65

2) SDK: we have tried flex_sdk_4.5.0.17689 stable and flex_sdk_4.5.0.19786

3) OS: Windows 7 OS

4) Browser: IE 8.0.7600.16385 and Firefox 4.0

Thanks for the ongoing assistance. I hope your patience does not wither. Hang in there!

Regards, michael

Message was edited by: ozsignman

Level 1

Error in my posting above (and systemn will not let me Edit it)

1) should read as follows:

1) Flash Player 10.3 release candidate which latest version 10.3.181.5: NOT WORKING. No sound at the recipient end at all.

Apologies,

Michael

Employee

Hi Michael,

I have posted a link that has a sample Audio App with the latest 10.3 swc and AEC enabled. - http://blogs.adobe.com/arunpon/files/2011/04/AudioEx.swf

Can you check if this app is working in your setting? If this app works, then something could be wrong with your code or settings. Let us know how things go at your end.

Also if you can post us some logs, or the code it would help my team to be prepared before your demo.

Also I tried building an app with Flex SDK 4.5 and was hitting a few issues, while Flex 4.1 worked great. Can you try your app with Flex 4.1 too and check if your fails with Flex SDK 4.1 too.

Thanks

Arun

Level 1

Hi Arun.

As I have limited knowledge and am therefore unable to do what you have

requested, I have forwarded this to my Developer with the request that he do

the necessary. I hope that he will get onto it really quickly. If he doesn't

I will revert to you. perhaps its better if I am able to email your Private

Mail?

I am most anxious to resolve this problem (as I'm sure you are), and I

really appreciate your speedy responses. It reflects well on the entire

customer-service culture of Adobe. Good job!

Thanks, Michael

Level 4

hey arun, i have the same issue, using the SWF you linked.  when a client connects in windows, there is no echo cancellation happening, there is full feedback.  when both clients are connected in OSX, aec works perfectly fine.

windows XP, ie6 and firefox 4.1 (with flash player 10.3 release candidate)

OSX 10.6.4, safari, chrome, firefox (all latest browser versions and 10.3 fp release candidate)

can you confirm that there's an issue with windows and AEC? i don't have windows vista nor windows 7 to test, but many of my clients will be using XP anyway, so i need to resolve that.

thanks.  when the AEC does work, it's great.

adam