Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Maximum number of nodes on CRX AEM can have without performance taking hit

Level 4

I am saving the application data on CRX under the /content now. I now suspect the size of the data/nodes is too big. What is the maximum size of data (and number of nodes) one can have under /content node for an optimal performance? What are the factors/checks on AEM that indicate the node size is bigger than what it should be?  How to optimize the performance when there are huge number of nodes under /content node? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you save thousands of nodes below /content, try to open the siteadmin and check the performance.

The general rule of thumb of not to have more than 1000 child nodes is because of the browsers and the UI, and less because of the repository itself.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Thank you @Ganthimathi_R, this definitely helped. I am also looking for information as to what the amount of data or number of nodes AEM can handle (not necessary under one node) without giving in on the performance. Is there any recommendation from adobe on this (for a given hardware specification) ?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you save thousands of nodes below /content, try to open the siteadmin and check the performance.

The general rule of thumb of not to have more than 1000 child nodes is because of the browsers and the UI, and less because of the repository itself.

Employee Advisor

@Seek_AEM 

The way a content repository is structured can impact performance as well. For best performance, the number of child nodes attached to individual nodes in a content repository should not exceed 1,000 (as a general rule)

If you are concerned about the binaries and non-binaries then this has the best explanation about handling the node size

https://cqdump.joerghoh.de/2022/07/05/whats-the-maximum-size-of-a-node-in-jcr-aem/