Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

is it possible to get only the property's value from a node using JCR query?

Level 2

I've been trying to parse a node property into a java object, it is a string type that holds my asset path (e.g /content/dam/test).

I'm using the JRC query below but it always returns the full node with all its properties.

SELECT asset.[jcr:content/data/master:image]  FROM [dam:Asset] AS asset 
WHERE ISDESCENDANTNODE(asset, [/content/dam]) 
AND asset.[jcr:content/data/cq:model] = '/conf/settings/dam/cfm/models/item'
AND asset.[jcr:content/data/master/name] IN ("A","B")

I was thinking of getting only the property's value, in this case the asset path: "/content/dam/test_cf"  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

What tool do you use to execute this query? Most tools are designed to display the nodes, not only the requested properties (although the raw JCR API allows you to do that).

For example see the QueryResult.getRows() method at https://developer.adobe.com/experience-manager/reference-materials/spec/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-2.0/java...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

You can get String path = resource.getPath()  when you iterate the query results of resources. 

JCR-SQL2 queries can be invoked from the JCR API:

Session session = ...
QueryManager queryManager = session.getWorkspace.getQueryManager();
Query query = queryManager.createQuery("{QUERY}", Query.JCR_SQL2);
QueryResult result = query.execute();

or through the Sling API:

ResourceResolver resolver = ...
Iterator<Resource> result = resolver.findResources("{QUERY}", Query.JCR_SQL2);

Community Advisor

@rute Over here you can get the result and parse the result to get the property value from the result set.

Query query = queryBuilder.createQuery(PredicateGroup.create(queryBuilderMap), session);
SearchResult searchResult = query.getResult();
  if (null != searchResult) {
       for (Hit hit : searchResult.getHits()) {
           Resource resource = hit.getResource();
           String propertyVal = resource.getValueMap().get("property-name", StringUtils.EMPTY);
       }
 }

Hope this helps!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

What tool do you use to execute this query? Most tools are designed to display the nodes, not only the requested properties (although the raw JCR API allows you to do that).

For example see the QueryResult.getRows() method at https://developer.adobe.com/experience-manager/reference-materials/spec/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-2.0/java...