Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

How to provide access to child nodes while restricting parent nodes (nodes are not fixed)

Level 2

Hi All,

How to provide  access  to child nodes while restricting parent nodes

//Content Tree

Root

- Parent-1

-- Child-1

--- SubChild -1

--- SubSubChild -1 to N

--- SubChild -2 

--- SubChild -n 

- Parent-2

---

---

- Parent-n

This should work in Touch UI [Sites, Page ]as well as Classic UI [Siteadmin,Page]

• Activate accesss to All Parent (1-n) and SubChild(1-n)  nodes, but restrict Deactivation,Delete,Move

• All permissions to SubSubChild (1-n)

NOTE : nodes are not fixed, 

In my case I cannot set permission to a fixed node (content/SiteB or content/SiteC)
It depends on the template I have to set a permission to a particular group, some cases page might be under (content/parent/child  or content/parent/child1/child2/child3)

Thank you in Advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 2

Thank you @Andrew_Khoury 

The link which you provided is for fixed nodes, in my case I cannot set permission to a fixed node (content/SiteB or content/SiteC)

It depends on the template I have to set a permission to a particular group, some cases page might be under (content/parent/child  or content/parent/child1/child2/child3)

Thanks