Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unable to edit Asset Share Commons search page components

Level 3

We used to be able to edit the components on the Asset Share Commons search page, but now the wrench icon is missing on new pages and existing pages with the search template. I have attached what I see currently when I click on the search bar component, and I have also attached an image of the wrench that I should be seeing. How can I make the wrench appear again?

rkody_0-1720540091798.png

rkody_1-1720540170751.png

5 Replies

Level 9

@rkody 

Is this consistent? This happens sometimes when with me on other pages as well. I clear the cache or close the browser and refresh it, the wrench icon shows up.

Did you try that already?

Level 3

Yes, this is consistent and affecting multiple users. Clearing cache did not fix the issue.

Level 9

@rkody 

Got it.

Is this happening across all components or just the asset share commons page?

Can you check the template policies, if they are updated?

Is there any inheritance on this component which locks it so you won't be able to edit it.

Level 3

No this is just happening on the asset share commons page. I believe the template policies are updated and I don't see any lock on the components. I also deleted the template and installed it from the original install package to see if it was edited, but that didn't work either.

Administrator

@rkody Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni