Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Dispatcher Cache Problem - Dam Asset and its Thumbnail

Former Community Member

Hi everyone,

AEM 6.1. SP1   

I got the following problem:

- we have a page with a list of PDF's to download. A thumbnail is showed of the first page of each PDF

- that thumbnail is cached on the disk as:  cache/content/dam/sitename/1.pdf/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.140.100.png

- if you want now to download the PDF, the download link is: "cache/content/dam/sitename/1.pdf".

- the dispatcher now checks if said file exists on the disk

- the file does not exist, but there is a directory with the exact same name (even with .pdf)

- an error is thrown "Internal error (no Exception to report)" 

If I empty the cache and go directly on the link of the PDF, then it works. (because there is no directory with the exact same name)

Is there a way to make this work, without deactivating the cache for thumbnails/assets and without having a download link to " cache/content/dam/sitename/1.pdf/_jcr_content/renditions/original"

Kind regards,

JS

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can solve this problem if you address your thumbnails with the following short URL -  /content/dam/sitename/1.pdf.thumb.140.100.png instead of using the following long URL/content/dam/sitename/1.pdf/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.140.100.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can solve this problem if you address your thumbnails with the following short URL -  /content/dam/sitename/1.pdf.thumb.140.100.png instead of using the following long URL/content/dam/sitename/1.pdf/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.140.100.png