Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Web Viewer, Note taking and Highlighting available in Adobe AEM?

Level 3

My company has been using DPS since 2013 and it seems as much as it is evolving, it is de-evolving by taking out functions. Does any one know when the AEM Mobile Web Viewer will be available? or a Note taking functionality? or high-lighting function? Without these functions AEM doesn't have much of a future in the training and learning arena for my company and I am not looking forward to shopping for another platform to meet our needs. Please Adobe don't leave these behind!!!!

4 Replies

Employee

A beta version of web viewer is available now:

Set up the Desktop Web Viewer for AEM Mobile

Note-taking can be implemented through HTML now by saving notes to local storage, but that's not a simple implementation. Note-taking is on the road map, but not for the first half of this year. I'm not sure if highlighting is part of the note-taking feature.

In an upcoming release, there are plans to enable Cordova plug-ins, which provide access to many of the features you're likely looking for such as geolocation, camera access, file transfer, etc.

Level 3

Highlighting, isn't part of Notes. It was however, promised it was going to be a "coming soon" feature back in 2013....still hasn't really been part of the program.

Is there a more specific timeline for when Notes will come out?  Like highlighting this was promised a long time ago. I really need to know if I am going to convince my higher-ups to continue on this platform. They are already hunting for other platforms and I am not looking forward to that conversion.

I am hoping you can help on this front.

Employee

By highlighting, are you referring to selecting/copying/searching?

I can't help with an estimate for the note-taking feature. It likely won't be available before July.

Level 3

Highlighting as it was explained to us in 2013 was having an annotation tool that could highlight the words on the page (nothing to do with notes). 3 years later still not even a whisper of existing. I am curious how other learning/training departments are doing this.