Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Vertical and Horizontal Orientation for HTML and PDFs

Level 2

So I've read the previous posts about Vertical and Horizontal Orientation and I understand that right now there is only a choice of one. But possibly in the near future there may be the option for both, but that would not allow one article to be both orientations. So here's my question: We have many existing folios that are horizontal that have PDF resources loaded into them that are vertical; it has always bothered me that they only come up horizontal and you need to scroll down to see the second of the page. Is there a solution that would allow them to rotate vertically?

I see in the Swiss Universe app, they have HTML links that rotate both how is this achieved?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Once we support app rotation the situation you describe should work fine. Your existing content will show horizontal. When the PDF resource is loaded it'll come up horizontal as well, but your reader can rotate the device to see it portrait.

Neil

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Once we support app rotation the situation you describe should work fine. Your existing content will show horizontal. When the PDF resource is loaded it'll come up horizontal as well, but your reader can rotate the device to see it portrait.

Neil

Level 2

THanks Neil. so the Swiss Universe app, how do they get the HTML on their opening page? Is it done with a demo version that is not out yet?

Employee

I took a look at the app and you’re actually seeing a bug. The Swiss Universe app was one of our launch partners and hasn’t updated yet to the latest build. We had a bug where in-app web views would open in the device’s last orientation, not the app’s locked orientation. This was addressed in our release on August 3rd and now in-app web views open in the app’s locked orientation.

Neil