Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Using 2015 Social Sharing feature

Level 1

Hello guys,

I have an article with X amount of pages and after enabling and trying the Share button I'm a little confused here on how it works. What I need is to share the content of the specific page where I'm standing in the article. Let's call it number 5. And then when I move to page 9 I want to be able to share specific info from page 9. Instead, no matter in what page of an article you are, what you really end up sharing is the generic article thumbnail, the name of it and a coupe more thumbnails related to the collection. Is that it or I'm I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance,

al3nai

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Alenai,

Sharing in DPS 2015 is of the article, not the specific page the reader is on. They get the sharing landing page you mention: generic article thumbnail (which you can customize in the portal), name, and related items from the collection.

Neil

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Alenai,

Sharing in DPS 2015 is of the article, not the specific page the reader is on. They get the sharing landing page you mention: generic article thumbnail (which you can customize in the portal), name, and related items from the collection.

Neil

Level 2

Neil,

Is there any documentation on the social sharing feature you could direct us to? I'll admit I'm confused by the usefulness of the function as the user shares out a page that appears to have no links on it and doesn't enable to recipient to read or even get to the application.

Thanks

-Scott

Employee

Scott, here's the documentation link: Digital Publishing Solution Help | Enable social sharing in DPS 2015

On an article by article basis, you can decide whether the shared link goes to the landing page or directly to a corresponding web page. (The Desktop Web Viewer is not yet available, but a beta preview will be available with the next release—Dec. 18, I believe.)

The landing page can include a link to a web page, but more importantly, it can contain links to the apps. In order for these app links to appear on the landing page, you need to specify the app URLs in the "Store" tab of project settings. If you don't do that, your landing page will basically be useless.

shared_article_source.png

Level 3

Ive read over the document link you posted above. After reading that, the only thing people can really see is what data you put in the social share correct?, Ive had people I work with asked why it doesn't look the same as the app. Is the only way to get the same content to show up is build a webpage with the same content?