Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

scrollable frames do not work.

Level 1

When I try to preview my DPS 2015 document the buttons work okay, but the scrollable frames do not work. They do work in DPS2014. How can I make them work in the latest version of the software?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I've passed this on to the team. They are working on resolving some scrollable frame issues with InDesign-based articles. I looked into the detail and it looks like sometimes scrolling won't work, potentially caused by the direction the user swipes on the frame (e.g. diagonal vs vertical).

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee

Hi Jim,

Have you tried activating them by tapping on them first? There's another thread floating around the forum where someone has that issue, and while I thought it was fixed in the last release apparently the fix didn't quite make it in.

Neil

Level 5

Hi. A couple of us on the board have had some issues related to this topic though all my scrolling frames are working fine with IOS and Android Viewers. They always have worked for me (those created in indesign). I was having issues with HTML scrolling focus before the latest update. I had to tap before it would focus on the HTML frame and allow scrolling. Now it functions as normal. Jim, Are you creating indesign scrolling frames or HTML frames that scroll? Have you recreated your app since the update went out this week? We all have to recreate the apps for each new Adobe update. Also, I have had some cacheing issues and have rebooted my devices periodically.

Jeff

Employee Advisor

Jeff - re: the HTML scroll frames issue, have you looked at the DPS HTML Gestures API? Adobe DPS 2015 HTML Gesture API - Examples.zip

That could fix the issue you describe

Level 5

Hi Ivan. Yes I have indeed and all my scrolling related issues were solved a couple days ago. I think Jim (original post) may need some tips though!

Thanks!

Jeff

Correct answer by
Employee

I've passed this on to the team. They are working on resolving some scrollable frame issues with InDesign-based articles. I looked into the detail and it looks like sometimes scrolling won't work, potentially caused by the direction the user swipes on the frame (e.g. diagonal vs vertical).

Level 1

I'm not even at the point where I'm viewing this on a Kindle or iPad. I'm trying to get the previewer to work. I have an EPUB previewer with InDesign 2015, but it doesn't even recognize scrollable frames. I have to go back to the 2014 version of InDesign which has the Adobe Viewer application. I don't have a clue how to access the Adobe Viewer with InDesign 2015, and I think that's the problem. Does it even exist?

Employee

You need to build your own preview app right now, we don’t have an ACV equivalent available for 2015. When you build your own preview app in the Apps tab of the portal you’ll then have to sign it with your iOS developer certificate so you can install it on your device.

Neil

Level 1

Neil, thanks for the quick response. I'm a WYSIWYG kind of guy, so I wouldn't know how to build a preview app. I'll continue with 2014 until it becomes available in 2015.