I wanted to give you an update.Fixes for the accent issue and truncated
messages are being pursued for our next release in January.The branded
icon request is a bit more complex and needs some additional
coordination, but I have put it in our list of feature requests.
That's strange. Have you experienced this with a number of different
InDesign files, or just one? I did a quick test and I'm not seeing the
problem – the article sizes from both CC 2015 and CC 2017 are the same.
You are doing it correctly. You should be able to publish an article
without adding it to any collection, then use the navTo as you
suggested. Internally we call these "orphaned" articles.If the app is
failing to download the article in this context there may be some
failure with the publish process or in the viewer. I did a very quick
test with these conditions in my preflight app and it worked. Could you
try unpublishing and publishing the article?
Tommy, if I recall correctly, the app loader compares the internal
version number between the current and new update. If the version is
230914, then you'll need an app update that has a version greater than
that number. I'm checking this out and will follow up with you directly.
The team came back to me and said they could not reproduce the issue. If
you private message me the exact scenario, including the mailto link you
have created, that might help them in diagnosing the problem.
I do not have confirmation yet from the team.Regarding the performance
of Acrobat on iOS 10, that is unrelated to the AEM Mobile product. I did
some searching on the forums and there is a forum thread here where a
support agent acknowledged the problem. You may want to follow up on
that thread: Acrobat Reader won't open with iOS 10 on an iPad
Is it possibly related to the network settings on your Mac? I see you
are using VMWare Fusion on a Mac. Is that the same Mac that you are
loading up the web viewer on in Safari? This is my best guess so far, as
I haven't seen this with other customers.
When you export the document from InDesign make sure you check the
"smooth scrolling" box in the export dialog. Here's a document that goes
into some detail on smooth scrolling and dimensions (see section
"Exporting article files"):Create AEM Mobiles articles in InDesign
Hi Valdeci, there is a bug in the system which is being addressed in the
next update to AEM Mobile. That update should go live next Tuesday.Here
is another thread tracking another side effect of the bug: Android
tablets displaying phone content
Hi Ninetta, thanks for posting. There's another post tracking similar
behavior. I have shared your post with the Android dev team to see what
might be occurring, they were also aware of the other post.
Bob and I have talked to the Android developers about this and they are
taking a look to see what could be occurring. I see another post
appeared on the forums as well this morning, I'm also forwarding that to
That is odd. Is it possible that you haven't published the top level
collections? Or, do you have two projects that are very similar? Perhaps
in AEM preflight you are viewing one project, but you built your Android
app against the other project?
With the help from your files I believe I've identified some additional
changes to the web viewer to match the mobile device viewer behavior.
Basically, there's differences in the fitting algorithms that take into
account aspect ratio of the source image file, which could lead to the
fuzzy resolution. I don't have an ETA yet, but am keeping an eye on the
I suspect that you when you built your iOS app you checked the box
"Enable preflight", and when you built the Android app you did not check
that box.If this is the case then the iOS app will display all
unpublished content, and Android will only show Published content. If
you have not published any content then nothing will show up in the
app.Ironically, you may have built your iOS app incorrectly. If your
intention was to build an app that showed published content then rebuild
your iOS app.In t...
Zac, there were some changes a couple releases ago to optimize the
images being loaded in web viewer. Prior to the changes the viewer was
pulling in very large images, which led to slow loading times. Another
forum poster mentioned this last week and the team is working on a fix
for the next release:Very low quality article images in Web Viewer
Ah, I see. Thanks for the context. The differences between iOS and the
other platforms was based on what I had said before, but your scenario
obviously wasn't considered. I've shared details with the dev team on