Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

playing youtube videos using the Video Overlay option in indesign

Level 5

Hi, (I'm starting a new thread on this video topic since its different from the audio playback issue)

My original question was; do youtube video links work with the Video Overlay option in Indesign? I have tried a handful of ways and I only see a video player when I export the .article and view on the ipad. I have attached screenshots. The last one is of the ipad view.

Thanks!

Jeff

Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 12.51.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 12.52.51 PM.png

IMG_0120.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

For streaming YouTube videos, the best approach is to create a Web overlay, not a Video overlay.

1. Choose Object > Insert HTML, and then paste the embed code you copied from YouTube. When you click OK, a web overlay frame is created in the right dimensions. It usually has an ugly black frame with a Flash warning. Ignore that for now.

2. Select the web object and choose Auto Play in the Overlays panel. This auto plays the web object, not the video itself.

3. Add a static poster image with a play button over the web overlay.

Let us know if you have questions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

For streaming YouTube videos, the best approach is to create a Web overlay, not a Video overlay.

1. Choose Object > Insert HTML, and then paste the embed code you copied from YouTube. When you click OK, a web overlay frame is created in the right dimensions. It usually has an ugly black frame with a Flash warning. Ignore that for now.

2. Select the web object and choose Auto Play in the Overlays panel. This auto plays the web object, not the video itself.

3. Add a static poster image with a play button over the web overlay.

Let us know if you have questions.

Level 6

Just copy/paste the embed code into InDesign. You may need to edit it to include the http://