Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

I am following the steps in the beta version to build the test "Launch" app, but the digital app signing tool doesn't have ios tab when I go to use it. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Level 1

I am following the steps in the beta version to build the test "Launch" app, but the digital app signing tool doesn't have ios tab when I go to use it. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Note that iOS signing is only available on Macs. If you're on a Windows machine you won't see the iOS tab.

Neil

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Employee

‌It looks like you're using the web-based signing tool for DPS App Builder. Have you downloaded the signing tool from the DPS beta resources page? (www.adobe.com/go/dps_beta_resources) Make sure that you are using a Mac computer and that you have downloaded the signing tool from the Apps section of the Portal.

Level 1

Where is the signing tool on the Beta resources page?

Employee

Sorry, Louise. I must have been tired when I wrote that message. I think you were using the signing tool used to sign Android apps for DPS. The signing tool is available in the Apps section of the Portal, in the upper right corner. You should have a signing tool that looks like this:

signing_tool.png

Are you using a Mac or a Windows computer?

Correct answer by
Employee

Note that iOS signing is only available on Macs. If you're on a Windows machine you won't see the iOS tab.

Neil

Level 1

OK . . . That answers it. I'm assuming that means I can't build an app for my iPad on my PC and that I'll have to switch to my Macbook Pro for an iOS app. Does that also mean I can't create the articles on my PC (Indesign)?

Level 6

No. The only thing you need the Mac for is the app.

Level 1

Great! . . . I'll move the articles over from the PC to the Mac when I create the app. Thanks for the info.

Level 1

Thanks Neil. Solves the mystery for me.

Employee

The only thing you need a mac for is to sign the file you download from app builder. Everything else you can do on a PC.

Neil

Sent from my Windows Phone

Level 1

Bob, I am on a Windows . Just moved from Mac to PC in the last 3 months:-(

Employee

Hi Louise,

The requirement to have a Mac to build from iOS is due to the supported platforms for Apple's Application Loader: it's Mac only. Even if we did add support for signing your iOS app on Windows you would still need a Mac to submit it to Apple.

Neil