Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Deleting content

Level 5

Suggestion - when deleting a 'Collection' the user should have the ability to select the articles within and delete those too.

ie: "Delete all articles within this collection?"

Additionally, a 'select all' option in the portal would be very helpful.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi David,

We've discussed adding deletion of articles when deleting a collection and are hesitant to add it. Articles can be used in many places and it would be easy to either accidentally delete something used elsewhere, or have a confusing delete sequence where you get warned about content used in other places. I don't expect we'll add article delete from collections any time soon.

While we don't have select all we do support shift-click for multi-select.

Neil

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi David,

We've discussed adding deletion of articles when deleting a collection and are hesitant to add it. Articles can be used in many places and it would be easy to either accidentally delete something used elsewhere, or have a confusing delete sequence where you get warned about content used in other places. I don't expect we'll add article delete from collections any time soon.

While we don't have select all we do support shift-click for multi-select.

Neil

Level 5

Have you tried shift-click for 250 articles?

Seems obvious to me to have a 'select all'. And the ability to open/delete/edit article from within a collection. This would help MASSIVELY.

Current iteration is not an ideal production tool by any means.

Level 5

+1 on deleting all articles when deleting a collection. I've mentioned this on other threads before. It can restricted to users with admin roles who should know full well what happens when you delete articles and how the system works. The Dashboard can provide one of those dialogs that asks the user "Are you really really sure you want to do this?"

+1 on the "Select All" button. I've been advocating the addition of a "Select All" button for a while now. Shift clicking works but I agree scrolling down to select a large amount of articles is a pain, and there is no indication that the shift-click functionality is even there. Users have to find out about it here in the forums.