Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEm 6.5 Adaptive Forms and Closed User Groups

Level 4

I want to force user authentication before they use an adaptive form. 

I can restrict user access through useradmin page, can remove access to anonymous to the folder /content/forms/af/<project name> but how do I force the user to login instead of getting a default 404.

I was reading about CUG, https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/administering/security/cug.html but the options available for "normal" site pages are not available for adaptive forms. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Eric_Stricker  You can embed a form on the site page and use the CUG approach.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Level 9

I will post the steps by Tuesday

thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Eric_Stricker  You can embed a form on the site page and use the CUG approach.

Level 4
Yes, but not really the best solution to create another layout of redirect. Will this be improved in upcoming versions?

Employee Advisor
There is only one redirect after login. Form is loaded inside site page in an Iframe. Are you publishing the form or the customer access it on author only?

Level 4
The final outcome will be a publish deployment for the form, not on author. Let us play around with it for a while. I do see that we might be able to put the "site" page on publish while the adaptive from is still on Author. Not sure if this will work but we will have a look at such a scenario.

Employee Advisor
@Eric_Stricker sure. Lets us know if you need any suggestion further. Happy to help!

Level 4
Alternative we were thinking to override the default 401-403 pages. If unauthorized then redirect to our login page. Still need to experiment with this, but I though I seen something like that somewhere.

Level 9

I am re-building my server. Once it is up I will post the steps needed to achieve your use case

Level 9

I have the following on my publish server

I have disabled anonymous access to my adaptive form. When your users try to access this form they will be forced to a login page. On successful authentication you can forward the users to this AF.

So you need to create a login page that can be authenticated against your leap. on successful authentication, I am adding the users to the formsusers group. Only users belonging to forms-users group will be allowed to access the adaptive form

GirishBedekar_0-1590615071926.png

daptive Form. I have set the

Level 4
Thanks you. This is working, but how to you redirect to a login page. Did you customize the default 401-403 error pages to redirect to your login page?