Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

migrate AEM 6.5 from windows to linux system

Level 1

Hi team,

We have sandbox environments earlier setup on windows system. while later envs are decided to install linux system. To align the envs, we'd like to migrate the sandbox env from windows to linux. Would you please kindly suggest formal and easy way to do that? while the data store is about 33G. Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can setup the new AEM sandbox on Linux OS and to migrate the repository content you can use the oak-run utility. You can find more details in the following doc - https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/migration.html 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can setup the new AEM sandbox on Linux OS and to migrate the repository content you can use the oak-run utility. You can find more details in the following doc - https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/migration.html 

Level 1
Thanks a lot for the reply. I tried with the oak-upgrade with default full paths. Now I am able to connect crx/de to verify the content is migrated successfully to linux. While I am not able to connect to start.html with error: Resource at '/aem/start.html' not found: No resource found. Not sure if any paths should be excluded which cuased the issue here. Appreciated your comments.

Employee Advisor
It looks like there are some system packages which were not installed properly on Linux. Are you using Adobe Forms as well on your Windows machine? Adobe provides separate packages for Forms based on the target OS. I would recommend that you first do a basic Vanilla installation on Linux and then copy only the mutable content specific paths like /content, /etc using the oak-run utility. The oak-run accepts include-paths and exclude-paths params which can help you in copying only specific paths and not complete repository to target AEM instance.

Level 1
We do not use Adobe Forms now. Only the AEM 6.5 jar file, and mostly it runs as a DAM.

Employee Advisor
I will still recommend that you migrate only the mutable paths via oak-run utility and not entire repo.

Level 1
Finally, I migrated the entire env from windows to Linux successfully via crx2oak jar file. Command as below:nohup java -jar crx2oak-1.10.0-all-in-one.jar sourcedir/crx-quickstart/repository targetdir/crx-quickstart/repository --copy-binaries --src-datastore=sourcedir/crx-quickstart/repository/datastore —datastore=targetdir/crx-quickstart/repository/datastore --copy-versions=true --copy-orphaned-versions=false &

Level 1
Summarize the migrate steps here: 1. Stop the running env on Windows 2. Compress the whole instance install folder. 3. Transfer the compress file to target Linux server. 4. Uncompress package 5. Download crx2oak jar file. 6. Run jar file to migrate.