Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

"Append Mode" for bulk asset editor is storing duplicate values

rohitk31991147
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am using AEM 6.3 with SP2.

I wanted to edit the metadata properties (basically to add new values for a multi-valued property) of multiple assets at once.

I followed this document the https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-3/assets/using/managing-multiple-assets.html  and try to add new values for the metadata with "Append mode" option checked. It's working perfectly fine.

But consider the following scenario.

1) I have uploaded 50 assets and added a custom metadata property lets say (material:diamond)to them

2) I add 100 more assets in same folder , and select all 150 and open in metadata editor screen.

3) I add the same property value which was added to first 50 assets (material: diamond).

4) I check the "Append mode" option and click save.

Now 

the first 50 assets are having duplicate values (material[]:diamond,diamond)

and next 100 assets are having correct values (no duplicates)

I don't want to have duplicate values for the same property and still i want to use  "Append mode" option because i have other available options(values) also which can be appended to the same  property (ex: material : diamond,gold,silver).

Please provide your suggestions, how to handle this scenario.

Thanks in Advance,

Rohit

1 Accepted Solution
Manish_Singh_1
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Can you please raise a support request for this so that this use case can be validated?

Regards,

Manish Singh

View solution in original post

10 Replies
diksha_mishra
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

I think you should try bulk metadata import/export feature and see if it fulfills your requirement. Here's an excellent video tutorial:

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-learn/assets/metadata/metadata-import-feat...

Thanks,

Diksha

diksha_mishra
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

You should try bulk metadata import/export using a csv file. Here's a great video tutorial from Adobe:

rohitk31991147
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Diksha, Thanks for your suggestion, We are using metadata import/export feature.. but for specific scenarios we have to update the metadata with bulk edit with "Append mode". and we are facing issue here as stated above. Is it a known issue? or can we handle it ?
diksha_mishra
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

You should try bulk metadata import/export using a csv file. Here's a tutorial: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-learn/assets/metadata/metadata-import-feat...

Thanks,

Diksha

@kautuk_sahni  community posting has issues in Chrome and Firefox. I was able to post here after 4 refreshes in IE. Please get this fixed.

kautuk_sahni
Employee
Employee
@diksha_mishra, Can you help me explain this bit more when you say "community posting has issues in Chrome and Firefox". I am able to post a comment/reply from Chrome.
Manish_Singh_1
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Can you please raise a support request for this so that this use case can be validated?

Regards,

Manish Singh