Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

AEM DAM Report | Can we download reports in dam by selection of single asset or user data?

Level 2

We have a many assets under DAM files, I need report for only particular selected asset. Similarly, in aem dam many  users can perform actions with assets like upload, download, update, and delete etc., I need to get report for a single user action performed on asset. Is it possible to get report for unique asset or user data in excel/csv? 

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@MarkoIssac  There are different types of asset reports in DAM like upload, download etc. 

You can simply navigate to Tools> Assets> Reports> Click Create> upload or any other type of report, should look like below:

asset-reports.PNG

This will generate an excel file, which will have asset title, path, associated user id, total asset count etc. Please filter out the required asset from this file accordingly. You can get access to Asset Reports from this path var/dam/reports

Let me know how it goes.

Level 2

Thanks for you're reply. Actually my question was not how to get report, my question was how to get unique asset report. It means if we have file1, file2, file3, file4, and file5 at dam, according to you're solution we will get report for file1, file2, file3, file4, and file5. But at my scenario I need generate a report for file1 only if I select file1.

Employee

I don't think we do user-level tracking in AEM OOTB reports , as in tracking user activity like who deleted the asset , who downloaded the assets . This data is not stored in AEM author unless there is any kind of analytics integration.

Who uploaded the asset/last modified is stored in metadata property and can be added as a custom column when generating reports as seen here https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/assets/advanced/asset-reports.html?...

Level 2

Thanks for the reply. We can get the report for download, deleted  action performance without analytics integration. And my question was report generate for single asset file or single user action performance.

Employee

How are you getting the deletion report or download report  with user id if I may ask? is this cloud or AEM 6.5?

You may try exploring

https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/report-builder/

Level 2

Use following query SELECT * FROM  [nt:unstructured] as nodes

WHERE ISDESCENDANTNODE("/home/users") AND (nodes.[jcr:created]  > CAST("{{fromDate}}" AS DATE) AND nodes.[jcr:created]  < CAST("{{endDate}}" AS DATE) ) AND  (nodes.[object/title] IS NOT NULL )

Select SQL2

and add field name called Asset_Performance and give property name verb

Community Advisor

Hello @MarkoIssac 

The OOTB asset reports will not be able to provide reports specific to an Asset/User.

Another, option is Audit log search from ACS Commons

https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/audit-log-search/index.html

Since user activities are logged in audit nodes until purge. We can utilize this information

Aanchal Sikka