Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

session.Write 10000 records limit

Level 4

Hi guys,

We have a Javascript code in a workflow that reads the whole database and updates a field. The problem is that it only updates the first 10.000 records so have to re-run it each time it finshes.

How can we overwrite that limit? By paging or something similar? I'm new to the platform so I don't understand the SDK or the coding limitations.

Thank you!

- Raul

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello Raul,

This is a limitation of the API when you use the querydef function.

The workaround is to use an attribute like noLineCount="1" or lineCount="<max_records>" inside the JS to overcome the limitation .

Else, you the OOB update data activity which does not have any such limitation as Vipul suggested

Regards,
Adhiyan

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Raul,

Any specific reason to perform updates using session.Write JS code and not using the out of box activity?

Regards,
Vipul

Level 4

Hi Vipul,

Yes, we are encrypting a couple of values that we have stored, so we have the whole algorithm there and the update. It is a one time bulk update, after that, it will be updating the records on a weekly basis and there won't be more than 10.000.

- Raul

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello Raul,

This is a limitation of the API when you use the querydef function.

The workaround is to use an attribute like noLineCount="1" or lineCount="<max_records>" inside the JS to overcome the limitation .

Else, you the OOB update data activity which does not have any such limitation as Vipul suggested

Regards,
Adhiyan

Level 4

Hi Adhiyan,

thank you, I'll do that.

- Raúl