Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Union when inbound transition has no records

Level 1

Hi! I'm using an Union activity after Email delivery to join all profiles who received an email, continuing with an update activity to update a resource.

user06671_1-1691421580809.png

The issue here is that, if Union activity doesn't receive records from all inbound transitions it won't execute (it's like it keeps waiting for records from the empty inbound transition). And in my case, there're many times where I don't send specific emails (SMA_TEST3) and I want to use the Union for the others which sent emails (SMA_TEST1 and SMA_TEST2)

Is there any configuration to handle that? I want to use Union even if there're inbound transitions with no records.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @user06671 ,

Below screenshot is from Adobe campaign classic. But you can use the same activity and logic in Standard to achieve your logic.

ParthaSarathy_0-1691423001120.png

After segmentation, Instead of connecting 'No records' transition to end activity, Connect it with 'Fork' activity. And connect its corresponding delivery activity's transition with the same fork. Now connect the fork transition to 'Union' Activity.

And repeat the same for your other flows (SMA_TEST1 and SMA_TEST2).

Now before Union, all its input transition will get activated with correct expected records. Give a try, and feel free to ask of you faced any issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@user06671, Unless all the transitions are activated it won't go to union activity. You should have separate update activity for the one's where you don't send emails (ex. SMA_TEST3).

Thanks, Sathees

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @user06671 ,

Below screenshot is from Adobe campaign classic. But you can use the same activity and logic in Standard to achieve your logic.

ParthaSarathy_0-1691423001120.png

After segmentation, Instead of connecting 'No records' transition to end activity, Connect it with 'Fork' activity. And connect its corresponding delivery activity's transition with the same fork. Now connect the fork transition to 'Union' Activity.

And repeat the same for your other flows (SMA_TEST1 and SMA_TEST2).

Now before Union, all its input transition will get activated with correct expected records. Give a try, and feel free to ask of you faced any issue.

Level 1

Great! But now I have another issue and it makes a lot of sense. In the "No records" transition there's no data so the union (based on "all shared columns") it's not possible as the "No records" transition has 0 records (so it has no columns)

user06671_0-1691431137489.png

user06671_1-1691431159635.png

user06671_2-1691431315977.png

Community Advisor

@user06671 Can you confirm inbound population targeting dimension is different or the same?

Thanks, Sathees

Level 1

Dismiss my previous response, your solution is working fine, thanks so much!