Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Regular expression in query activity

Level 5

Hi,

I would like to exclude all those deliveries belonging to MESSAGE CENTER with internal name that ends with "_rt"

regex1.JPG

I cannot use the expression "CONTAINS '_rt' "  because I will get also "notifyStockAlert" for no reason so I am forced to use a regular expression, something like "LIKE '*_rt'  "

Could you tell I should I write this regex ?

Thanks,
Salvatore

Jean-Serge Biron

dattarays70361342

Amy_Wong

Debbie

Jochem van Dieten

clawson

mghalpin

Adobe Campaign

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Salvatore,

Take care, in SQL expressions / SQL RDBS engines, most of time the wildcard specials chars are:

% (and not *) for strings

_ means 1 char to replace

so _rt means art, brt, crt, etc. So the "StockAlert" matches it.

To use the _ sign you must escape it, usually \_ but the syntax may depend on the SQL engine.

Reminder: the SQL expression syntax is not the same than regex syntax (used in Javascript or other development languages).

Regards
J-Serge

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Salvatore,

Take care, in SQL expressions / SQL RDBS engines, most of time the wildcard specials chars are:

% (and not *) for strings

_ means 1 char to replace

so _rt means art, brt, crt, etc. So the "StockAlert" matches it.

To use the _ sign you must escape it, usually \_ but the syntax may depend on the SQL engine.

Reminder: the SQL expression syntax is not the same than regex syntax (used in Javascript or other development languages).

Regards
J-Serge