Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Update activity Logs

Level 2

Hello,

There is a scenario where there are 2 files running in the workflow to get records updated.

Now, what happens is after the file load one by one ,reaching the update file activity and completes the workflow for file data update.

The main issue got at the UPDATE file activity is when checked the logs is there were 3update records for 2 files as:

Date                             ActivityName                                           Message

ddmmyyyy                      Writer1                                              [10/10]record(s) processed (Step 'Update data')

ddmmyyyy                       Writer1                                             insertion of 2record(s) (Step 'Update data')

ddmmyyyy                       Writer1                                             updating 10records(s)(Step 'Update data')

ddmmyyyy                       Writer1                                             0records(s)Unchanged(Step 'Update data')

ddmmyyyy                     Writer1                                           [20/20]record(s) processed (Step 'Update data')

ddmmyyyy                       Writer1                                         [15/20]record(s) processed (Step 'Update data')

ddmmyyyy                       Writer1                                             insertion of 2record(s) (Step 'Update data')

ddmmyyyy                       Writer1                                             updating 10records(s)(Step 'Update data')

ddmmyyyy                       Writer1                                             0records(s)Unchanged(Step 'Update data')

So, the question is why there are 3 updates in logs(highlighted in blue, there is only 1update of records for 1st file i.e [10/10] records which looks good, but the 2nd file has 2 updates i.e [15/20] and [20/20] cant it has to be [20/20]?) when there are only 2 files running in workflow?

Is this update is all good or is it an issue?, if its an issue what would be the cause likely to !?

Please clarify on this problem.!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@ASNeelima Logs looks good to me and there are no issues. If you look at the logs it says out of 20 records updated 15 records and then the remaining 5 records were completed thus by [20/20] records update. For example, if you have 100 records log may say that [50/100] and [100/100] updated. I'm giving this as a representation and the actual record process count may vary for each processing until it completes 100 records update.

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@ASNeelima Logs looks good to me and there are no issues. If you look at the logs it says out of 20 records updated 15 records and then the remaining 5 records were completed thus by [20/20] records update. For example, if you have 100 records log may say that [50/100] and [100/100] updated. I'm giving this as a representation and the actual record process count may vary for each processing until it completes 100 records update.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

@SatheeskannaK ,Does it has any specific reason why the updates are getting step by step? sometimes all updates are done in one step all together , in this scenario its in two steps. although I have understood your reply to my question

Could please simplify the reason behind getting updates in step by step although it is considered as ideal?

Community Advisor

Consider the scenario from the viewpoint of database updates and logs; waiting for X records to be updated without any log entries can leave you clueless about the process.

Thanks, Sathees