Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Personalisation string containing float output differently

Level 1

I've been testing some deliveries that use fully personalised subject lines. This subject line is derived from targetData in the workflow (enrichment) so there's calculated field to obtain the data from. For example, our field may show as 'New offers from £1.99' for instance as string in the workflow. When this gets outputted in the delivery however, the .99 undergoes a change and it includes extra numbers on the end. For example. It may be 'New offers from £1.991' or even 'New offers from £1.9999'

SL Field WF.PNGSL Personalised with carried 1.PNG

The field is all string and there's no edits made to the data between the WF and delivery. Is there an extra constraint that may need to be applied to the string to prevent the output in the screenshot?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi @SatheeskannaK . I was able to work around this by using subString() which seems to be outputting correctly in the proof now. A bit strange as it was already a text type but it's processing OK with the amendment.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @stevendavis09,

Although it's a string field we use something like this to display the price properly by applying the round function.

ToString(Round(ToDouble(@price), 2))

Thanks, Sathees

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi @SatheeskannaK . I was able to work around this by using subString() which seems to be outputting correctly in the proof now. A bit strange as it was already a text type but it's processing OK with the amendment.

Thanks.