Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How to add extracted data of two different workflow into one single file in SFTP

Level 1

I have two different workflows and I want to add extracted data of both these flows into one single file in SFTP folder. I have ran both the workflow in same time and put the same file output name, but still it is generating two different files in SFTP with same name. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @1994sagar ,

Giving same name to 2 different workflow files will not add up your data in one file in SFTP. Both workflows will generate two different files which are not dependent on each other even though you put the same file name, data will not add automatically.

I will recommend you to make a single workflow and before sending a file to SFTP, use Union to add the data with one file which has common layout of columns.

Let me know your use case of two different workflows, I can help combine 2 workflows into 1.

Regards

Abhishek

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @1994sagar ,

Giving same name to 2 different workflow files will not add up your data in one file in SFTP. Both workflows will generate two different files which are not dependent on each other even though you put the same file name, data will not add automatically.

I will recommend you to make a single workflow and before sending a file to SFTP, use Union to add the data with one file which has common layout of columns.

Let me know your use case of two different workflows, I can help combine 2 workflows into 1.

Regards

Abhishek

Community Advisor

Hi @1994sagar ,

You can try this way,

In the end of both workflows, instead of using 'Extract file', use 'Save audience' activity and Label as 'File_1_data' in WKF1 and 'File_2_data' in WKF2

ParthaSarathy_0-1689335449598.png

ParthaSarathy_1-1689335499624.png

Create a 3rd WKF (or in end of 2nd WKF), use 2 'Read audience' activity and call 'File_1_data' and 'File_2_data'. And union both this activity, then use Extract file and place it in SFTP. 

ParthaSarathy_2-1689335590138.png

Now you can see the single output file, which has the data of both WKF1 and WKF2.

Supporting documents:

Configuring 'Save audience'

Configuring 'Read audience'

Administrator

Hi @1994sagar,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa