Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

List of functions

Level 3

Hi,

What language does the Adobe Campaign's "List of Functions" use?

listoffunctions.png

...and where can I go to learn this language? Adobe Campaign documention lists these functions, but they give you scant information on how to learn the language to develop them.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

13 and 6 here mean that the substring function will extract 6 characters from the 13th one in the string passed as 1st parameter of the function.

Best thing is to try it out and fine tune it over time.

Hope this helps,

Florent

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Jae,

These functions are just wrappers on top of underlying RDMS functions. Yes, there is let documentation available around it but the best way is trial and error.

Use these functions and learn what they do exactly in Adobe Campaign.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 10

Hi Jael,

The only documentation is:

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/PTF_Creating_queries_Methodology.html

These SQL functions are written in the database underlying language code, and you can find them all in the Adobe Campaign folder node:

Administration>Settings>SQL Script.

Select your own Database system (mySql, Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, etc) to see how the functions listed are written in the underlying DB engine language (T-SQL for SQL Server, PL/SQL for Oracle, etc).

1301855_pastedImage_1.png

And one very efficient way to learn quickly is to display the generated SQL query (SQL query link, at the bottom of the form) when you define the Query through the UI, especially for date manipulation, it is easier.

Regards.
Jean-Serge

Level 2
The page you specified no longer exists. The files you point to do not cover all the functions listed. For example FormatCurrency (<number>, <currency>) What are the values that are valid for <currency>? I have triedn US, us, en-us, C0 etc

Level 3

Thank you guys, I will follow your advice and peruse the resources you mentioned.

To follow up, I had created this function, Substring([contact_history_vw/@mktg_promo_cell_key], 13, 6), for the following formula: Substr(MKTG_PROMO_CELL_KEY, 13,6).

The expression is expressed in Adobe Campaign as, "sub string of mktg_promo_cell_key for ita_contact_history_vw starting at offst 13 of length 6":

1301959_pastedImage_5.png

Not having access to the actual data field, "MKTG_PROMO_CELL_KEY,"  assuming that the values are CHAR, what does, "starting at offset 13 of length 6" mean?

Is this correct Substring function for the query formula, "Substr(MKTG_PROMO_CELL_KEY, 13,6)"?

Thank you.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

13 and 6 here mean that the substring function will extract 6 characters from the 13th one in the string passed as 1st parameter of the function.

Best thing is to try it out and fine tune it over time.

Hope this helps,

Florent