Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Personalization of the subject through dynamic content- Adobe Campaign Standard

Level 1
Hello,
I've been trying for some time to get dynamic content into the email subject. I would like to send one subject or another based on what the user does from a single email. That is why I put the dynamic content in the subject of the email. 

I have previously used dynamic content within the email itself with success, but with the subject the text is not changing despite having entered the conditions.

If anyone knows how to solve it, it would be a great help.

Thank you so much
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@DeliaMa Yes, you can have dynamic content on the subject line. Refer to the documentation below.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/campaign-standard/using/designing-content/subject-line

Also, If you can share more details about how you're personalizing the subject line, it would be good to help you with this ask.

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@DeliaMa Yes, you can have dynamic content on the subject line. Refer to the documentation below.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/campaign-standard/using/designing-content/subject-line

Also, If you can share more details about how you're personalizing the subject line, it would be good to help you with this ask.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 5

Hello @DeliaMa ,

Insert Dynamic Content into the Subject Line:

• Use Personalization Fields: Click on the subject line field, and then click on the {} icon or "Personalization" icon. This will open a menu with personalization fields that you can use. These fields pull data directly from the recipient profiles.

• Select Data Field: Choose the data field you want to use for personalization. For example, if you want to include the recipient's first name, select the firstName field. This might look something like {profile.firstName}.

• Write the Subject Line: Combine static text with dynamic content to create a personalized subject line. For example:

• "Hi {profile.firstName}, Check Out Our Latest Offers!"
    • "Special Deals Just for You, {profile.firstName}!"
  • Conditional Personalization (Optional): You can also use conditional statements to personalize content further based on different conditions. For example:

• "Special Offer Just for You, {if (profile.gender == 'male')}Mr.{else}Ms.{/if} {profile.lastName}!"

Preview and Test the Personalization:

• Preview Mode: Use the preview feature in ACS to see how the subject line will appear to different recipients. This will show you if the personalization is working correctly.
  • Test Send: Send a test email to yourself or a small test group to ensure that the subject line personalization works as expected. Check for data accuracy and formatting issues.

Set Up Fallback Text:

• Fallback Options: In cases where the data field is empty (e.g., if a recipient's first name is not available), you should set a fallback text to ensure the email still makes sense. You can do this using the default function in ACS.
  • Example:
    • "Hi {profile.firstName|default('there')}, Check Out Our Latest Offers!"
    • In this example, if profile.firstName is not available, the subject line will default to "Hi there, Check Out Our Latest Offers!".

Save and Launch the Campaign:

• Review and Save: After finalizing your subject line, save the changes in the email designer.
  • Launch the Campaign: Once everything is set up and tested, you can launch the campaign. ACS will automatically handle the dynamic content substitution based on the recipient profile data when sending the emails.

Best regards,

MEIT MEDIA (https://www.meitmedia.com)

Find us on LinkedIn

Contact Us: infomeitmedia@gmail.com