Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Launching email campaign from unlinked list

Level 2

Is there a way to launch an email delivery (email campaign) from an external csv file that I want to keep unlinked from the recipient table?

Meaning, importing a csv list with a single column containing just email adresses, create a list from there, and launch a campaign from that list?

I know it's not best practice as you usually should link delivery to recipients for also delivery logs. But this is an exception.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Vera,

Yes this is possible. 

For it to happen you can make use of External File target mapping. Internal name of this mapping is mapAny.

You can locate this mapping at Administration > Campaign management > Target mappings.

• Let's say you have a CSV file with single column containing email addresses. Say the column name is email.
  • Go to mapAny target mapping and on the Mapping tab, for the Email attribute enter email in it.
  • Inside delivery, click on To link to change target mapping from nms:recipient to External File.
  • Execute your workflow.

Hope this helps.

Regards,Vipul

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Vera,

Yes this is possible. 

For it to happen you can make use of External File target mapping. Internal name of this mapping is mapAny.

You can locate this mapping at Administration > Campaign management > Target mappings.

• Let's say you have a CSV file with single column containing email addresses. Say the column name is email.
  • Go to mapAny target mapping and on the Mapping tab, for the Email attribute enter email in it.
  • Inside delivery, click on To link to change target mapping from nms:recipient to External File.
  • Execute your workflow.

Hope this helps.

Regards,Vipul

Level 10

Hi Vera,

In addition to what Vipul said, have you seen the "from an external file" option which is available when defining the recipients of a delivery? See screenshot below:

From there, you are able to define which fields from the file correspond to email, etc.

Target would be considered as recipients but would not be imported in the database as long as you check the "Do not import recipients into the database" option.

Depending on your specific requirements, this could also do the trick.

Hope this helps,

Florent

Level 2

Hi Florent,

I didn't have the chance to test this yet. I assume I have to upload the csv beforehand and save it into a list (without linking) before doing this? Or can I upload and, in "File format definition", define/assign the email column. I work with an older version of AC, this is why it doesn't show up as in your screenshot.

Employee Advisor

Hi Vera,

Florent's suggestion is for a standalone delivery. Something that is not associated with a workflow. 

In the case a file with email addresses and other personalization information is loaded on to the delivery directly and processed from there.

The option of target mapping provided by me helps you upload a file using Data Loading activity, do some transformation on it (if needed) and then send out the delivery.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,Vipul

Level 2

florentlb wrote...

Hi Vera,

In addition to what Vipul said, have you seen the "from an external file" option which is available when defining the recipients of a delivery? See screenshot below:

From there, you are able to define which fields from the file correspond to email, etc.

Target would be considered as recipients but would not be imported in the database as long as you check the "Do not import recipients into the database" option.

Depending on your specific requirements, this could also do the trick.

Hope this helps,

Florent

Hi Florent,

topic got dropped and surfaced again. I was able to do as you suggested, just with the field mapping I encounter the problem that I am not able to enter a destination path for the different columns. For some strange reason the wizard works (when it is able to guess the field), but I am not able to set it manually. It just won't open a dropdown. Any ideas? Transformation I am able to open.

In addition to email, I need some other information from the file such as name and Salutation.

Level 2

How can I do the same thing in Adobe Campaign Standard?

Level 1

Tried this approach. Its giving me the below error in the delivery email.

Could anyone please mention if any additional settings must be done in the delivery template to accommodate this in the workflow?

Thanks in advance.

Level 2

Hello

Thank you for your help on that issue, sadly i did not manage to send a delivery with emails from a csv file.

I followed your advise (I m using Adobe Campaign standard), I edited the mapAny targeting dimension as you suggested, but when i launch the workflow, the delivery task stays in pending status.

Do you have any idea to achieve this with ACS ?

Thank in advance

Level 4

I don't think you can achieve this in Adobe campaign standard. It looks like Vipul and Florent's comments are referring to ACC only. You can't send emails in ACS to recipients without storing them into profiles.  In ACS the target mapping field is Non Editable inside Email Delivery. There is a similar discussion in the below thread.

Re: ACS deliveries to list from csv