Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Is there a way to proof a recurring delivery, rather than just relying on the preview tab?

Level 3

Is there a way to proof a recurring email delivery, rather than just relying on the preview tab?

I know i can copy html to a standard delivery and proof that way, but with many dynamic fields and queries, i want to proof a 'live' customer version of the delivery to my email address.

I know with a one off delivery you have the option to substitute the address with your own, but how can i do this for a recurring delivery?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

You can enable an approval (content/target) in the recurring delivery (so that the delivery does not go out without the approval and validating the proof). Then open the delivery from the campaign dashboard and now you will be able to see the 'Send A proof' button.

Thanks,

Subhajit

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 3

Figured out how to substitute on a recurring delivery - just need to proof it now...

Level 2

Hi,

For test purposes and for the sake of sending a proof using a live profile with dynamic data coming from the workflow, why don't you use a standard delivery in the workflow and set the action to perform to 'Send a proof' and use the substitution of address method? This would be for testing only, once you are happy with the proof you can then use the recurring delivery for the actual live send of the campaign.

Alternatively you could have a test recipient with your email address for which you can populate the dynamic fields and add the test recipient to your workflow. Before the delivery activity I would have a split in place to filter on your recipient only, to ensure only your test recipient is being targeted and send the email this way. However this would be a real send to your test recipient and not a proof therefore it can impact reporting at a later stage. I would also recommend keeping the delivery activity on 'Enable but do not execute' so you can display the target and ensure it is only your test recipient that will get the email. Once you verify this you can set it to 'Normal execution' and resume the workflow by clicking the play button (not restart the workflow). Personally I'd go with the first option.

Aside from that, I am not aware of a way to send proofs using a recurring delivery.

Thanks

Yusuf

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

You can enable an approval (content/target) in the recurring delivery (so that the delivery does not go out without the approval and validating the proof). Then open the delivery from the campaign dashboard and now you will be able to see the 'Send A proof' button.

Thanks,

Subhajit

Level 1

HI Guys!,

I'm trying to send a prof and using Seed Address Template, when i click the "Analyze" button i have encountered message error.

Can you help  me Guys?

Thanks!

1545785_pastedImage_0.png

Employee Advisor

Hi michaeld86090324,

You are proofing a recurring delivery. So the allowed modes are "Proof to a specific target"

If you wish to use seed or proof by substitution, enable approvals on the delivery, execute the workflow and get the target ready, then on the child delivery, send the proof.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 1

Hi Vipul,

Thanks for the immediate reply.

Please see the attached photo. We have tick the box of the proof sending in the approval but we still encounter the same problem.

1545811_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks!