Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Exercise 2 > Part 3 > Step 2c

Employee

On Page 11 of the CCMO lab book I found a step that I could not figure out how to do.  The step is Exercise 2 > Part 3 > Step 2c

I could not find away to assign a campaign to myself.  Also, I do not believe that the video for this chapter mentioned this step.  If I am wrong (and I probably am) can someone please tell me.  Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey Linda,

The problem is that the step described in the lab does not have that option when I am first creating the campaign (which is what I am doing at that point in the lab:

641954_pastedImage_0.png

At least not that I can see. The window that you show above is after the campaign is created and you open it and go to the Edit tab. Please correct me if I am wrong.   Cheers

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi Dave,

Thanks for asking this question! "Assigning the campaign" is a reference to the Campaign Manager or in French "Responsible". The Campaign Manager is typically the person to start the workflow that executes the campaign. This Operator (user) has the ability to approve steps in the campaign in addition to any designated approver(s). And they should be the one to Confirm the delivery.  To set this property:

CampaignManager.jpg

When you create a campaign template, you should null out this field. Then the campaign is automatically assigned to the person who is creating the campaign. However if that person wants to designate another Campaign Manager, perhaps someone from marketing operations, they can use this screen to do so.

Employee

By the way, as Administrators (Operators with administration privileges) you all have unrestricted access to others' campaigns. Marketing business users would not typically have this level of access. Click on the image int he previous to see a much clearer version.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey Linda,

The problem is that the step described in the lab does not have that option when I am first creating the campaign (which is what I am doing at that point in the lab:

641954_pastedImage_0.png

At least not that I can see. The window that you show above is after the campaign is created and you open it and go to the Edit tab. Please correct me if I am wrong.   Cheers

Employee

Hi Dave, this might be a change in functionality from v6.0. I will log it as a bug in the training manual. Good catch. Thanks, Linda

Employee

In the meantime, make the change after you create the campaign.