Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Custom Resource and Delivery Failure

Level 1

Hello I request help on the following,

I created a new custom resource of our internal team (no extension) and updated the data. Now i want to target the internal team members based on their email id. I queried them simply and attached it to email template, it fails to run successfully. Giving the following error: 

The schema for profiles specified in the transition ('head:cusAlertTeam') is not compatible with the schema defined in the delivery template ('nms:recipient'). They should be identical.

Can someone please advice where should the schema edit need to happen to make this work? The delivery template is shown below,

Delivery Template Config.png

Thank you,

Appreciate your feedback!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi ExecFord,

The error conveys that the input transition to delivery has targeting dimension this is different from the targeting dimension that this delivery's target mapping is dependent upon.
In other words, the delivery is not able to understand schema structure of the incoming population.

When the incoming population to a delivery is a different schema and delivery is expecting data based on another schema, delivery analysis fails throwing this error.

To resolve this issue, if the current filtering dimension and the target mapping schema are related, a change dimension activity should be used.

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9
Can you show, what do you have in the targeting dimensions of your query activity.

Level 1
Hi, the targeting dimension in query activity are pointing to Custom resource i created.

Community Advisor

Hi @ExecFord,

I believe this happens when you have wrong targeting dimension on query activity. Can you try update properties tab of query activity to have targeting dimension as profiles and have the custom resource (i.e. cusAlertTeam) on resource section.

Thanks, SK

Thanks, Sathees

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi ExecFord,

The error conveys that the input transition to delivery has targeting dimension this is different from the targeting dimension that this delivery's target mapping is dependent upon.
In other words, the delivery is not able to understand schema structure of the incoming population.

When the incoming population to a delivery is a different schema and delivery is expecting data based on another schema, delivery analysis fails throwing this error.

To resolve this issue, if the current filtering dimension and the target mapping schema are related, a change dimension activity should be used.

Regards,

Craig