Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

ACS - Organizational Units tree

Level 4

Hi,

I need help about creation of organizational units.

I have to create a really complicated combination of different brands (5 different brands for example brands A, B, C, D, E) for some specific fields.

The fields are:

- newsletter subscription for the 5 different brands

- account subscription for the 5 different brands

- brands purchased for the 5 different brands

- first registration brand for the 5 different brands.

Profiles may have all the different fields for each brands except for the field "First Registration".

For example:

John has newsletter subscription A, newsletter subscription B, newsletter subscription C, newsletter subscription D, newsletter subscription E, account subscription A, account subscription B, account subscription C, account subscription D, account subscription E, brands purchased A, brands purchased B, brands purchased C, brands purchased D, brands purchased E and first registration A.

So the combination will be: A-B-C-D-E-A-B-C-D-E-A-B-C-D-E-A

I can simplify the combination as A-B-C-D-E

If a brand repeats itself several times I can only count it once (for example C-C-A-B-A -> C-A-B)

The field First Registration can be valorize only 1 time  so I can choose this for the first parent organization unit, after "All".

Then I have to classify the other combinations of brands but I can't associate a child organizational unit to different parent units.

Has anyone already created such a complicated classification?

I attach a tree of these combinations.

TREE.jpg

Thanks,

E.

10 Replies

Level 4

Hi,

This is very interesting question. I have a similar question.

From my experience, once the organization unit (representing brand in your case) is added to the profile, the profile table becomes a brand-individual or brand-account level table. That means, the organization unit/individual is the natural key for this table and as a result all additional attributes such as registration, recency, etc. are kept/stored on that new level.

Access to the profiles under each org unit is managed by the ACS application. You have to be careful in how you setup the security groups.

Thanks.

Level 4

Hi,

I understand your solution but in my case there are single brands and combinations of brand.

I'm thinking that I could simplify the tree like this:

TREE2.jpg

and put all the combinations of brands in the same line.

My question is:

I set the org unit A in the workflow 123.

I insert a user (not a profile) in 2 security groups (A and A+B).

I set the different org units to the profiles

Can the user see in the query of the workflow 123 with org unit A, the profiles with org unit A+B?

Thanks,

E.

Employee Advisor

No, that won't work.

A user can be only in 1 distinct org unit which is dynamically determined.

If in your case they are in A+B, they can't login anymore

Adobe Campaign Help | Managing groups and users

If a user is in several groups:

The roles of the different groups are cumulated. Here, users are in two different groups: one that will act on roles the other on units.

It is the unit that is the highest in the hierarchy that will be used (see example in the Organizational units section).

The user will no longer be able to connect if units have the same equivalent level and are in parallel branches in the hierarchy.

Level 4

Hi,

thanks for the information.

I think that: The user will no longer be able to connect if units have the same equivalent level and are in parallel branches in the hierarchy

is very ristrictive.

My user must see the profiles of 2 different organizational unit.

Do you have any idea how to solve my problem in another way?

Thanks

E.

Employee Advisor

Unfortunately I don't know of any easy way to solve the problem.

Level 6

We have the same issue as you are describing.  Here is the workaround that isn't the greatest but it works.  I create 2 users that point to the same email address using the "+" in the email address.  When you use the + it ignores all the characters from the + sign to the @ sign.  So here is an example:

John@domain.com

John+orgA@domain.com

John+orgB@domain.com

All email address go to the same person without any additional set up on your email server.  I usually will figure out which org the will sign into the most and set that one to the john@domain.com and then create a 2nd with the other org like john+orgA@domain.com.

Level 4

Hi John,

thanks for your answer.

Our need is that a user (for example john@domain.com) can have acces to Adobe Campaign and can visualize the profiles of orgA and orgB for campaign sending.

I think it's different from what you write. Isn't it?

Another question: If I am in the security group with org unit A and I have some profiles with org unit A and some with org unit All, is it right that I see profiles with org unit A and org unit All and I can save them in an audience? I thought that only saved profiles with org unit A.

Thanks,

E.

Employee Advisor

Hi Eveline,

if your are in A, you will have read-only access to those in "All" org unit.

So you can see them and also add them to audiences.

But you won't be able to modify any profile properties or delete profiles in "all" unit

Hi Ramon,

If I am in A, and I can add "All" as well as A in an audience. This means that when I am creating a delivery, I can send email or SMS delivery to profiles which are outside of A as well ("All").

This is confusing because while creating a delivery , I can only create it if the campaign on which it is created belongs to the same org unit A. But, for audience I am able to send it to org unit "All" as well.

Employee Advisor

If you have contacts on All hierarchy level, then an A user indeed can target them.

Indeed not what you would expect most of the time