Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

NMSRECIPIENT.IRECIPIENTID Can we go negative ?

Level 4

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

in addition to what the others said, from my point of view going negative in schemas should be a warning sign. If you're consuming the positive integer range there is a good chance the negative range will be consumed as well at some point. If that happens, it will obviously be difficult to assign new ids. In this case you can only try to identify id gaps, re-arrange ids and re initialize the sequence to a gap that's big enough. This exercise can be extremely complex.

From my experience going negative could be a first sign of declaring an instance as end of life. I'd recommend researching why all ids have been consumed and switch off any process that causes it, to slow down id consumption.

Best regards, Tobias 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Prasanna_Soni,

if it does not impact other applications around Adobe Campaign I do not see any inconvenience.

Br,

Amine

Community Advisor

Hi @Prasanna_Soni ,

Yes, you can go negative if you have not used condition 'Primary key>0' in your workflows.

Or if you are willing to do changes in your technical workflows in order to go negative.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

in addition to what the others said, from my point of view going negative in schemas should be a warning sign. If you're consuming the positive integer range there is a good chance the negative range will be consumed as well at some point. If that happens, it will obviously be difficult to assign new ids. In this case you can only try to identify id gaps, re-arrange ids and re initialize the sequence to a gap that's big enough. This exercise can be extremely complex.

From my experience going negative could be a first sign of declaring an instance as end of life. I'd recommend researching why all ids have been consumed and switch off any process that causes it, to slow down id consumption.

Best regards, Tobias