Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Client console login error

Level 1

Hi,

We are implementing ACC on-premise and have encountered the below error when trying to login to our instance outside of the local machine:

IOB-090020 Error in SSL library:'IOB-090013 error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed (code 337047686)

mattiaslunden_0-1695132631871.png

We have confirmed the web-server is reachble since for example https://<instance-machine>/nl/jsp/logon.jsp is accessable and we can login there (from same machine where the above error is thrown).

The application server is behind a loadbalancer, with SSL certificate. We have tried installing the root CA to the truststore on the application server but still having the same issue.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

/Mattias

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @mattiaslunden ,

You mentioned that you have a load balancer, which means that you must have more than one Adobe Campaign server. Let's suppose you have two app servers: appServer1 and appServer2, connected to the same database. Your load balancer is named loadBalancer.

If you want to use HTTPS on all three servers, you will need to create an SSL certificate for each domain that you will be setting up. For appServer1 and appServer2, you will need to set up the domain and HTTPS certificate in IIS.

Integration into a Web server for Windows | Adobe Campaign

Please make sure that your certificate is installed correctly on the IIS web server. For example, let's say that your first server's HTTPS URL is https://appServer1. Can you please try to log in with that URL using the client console? If you cannot access the server using this URL, you need to check your configuration there first.

I believe that if you can access the server directly using HTTPS with the client console, then the issue is with the connection via the load balancer. Please try to check the connection configuration between the load balancer and the application servers.

I hope this helps!

Kr,

Parvesh

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @mattiaslunden ,

The error code states that the Certificate of your load Balancer is expired.

You have to renew this SSL certificate so that it would be valid by raising a ticket with Adobe Team.

Regards,

Pravallika.

Quite sure the certificate is not experied. Would we be able to reach https://<instance-machine>/nl/jsp/logon.jsp otherwise?

Note it is on-premise installation.

Community Advisor

Hi @mattiaslunden ,

Could you Please try running the below command on server

npm set strict-ssl false

Link for reference:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13913941/how-to-fix-ssl-certificate-error-when-running-npm-on-wi...

Regards,

Pravallika.

Community Advisor

Hi @mattiaslunden ,

Cause:
The issue is because the certificates are not available on the local server.

Resolution:
There are 2 workarounds available for this issue:

As a temporary workaround the customer.sh can be configured with WPP_SSL_ALLOW_INSECURE environment set to 1. Setting WPP_SSL_ALLOW_INSECURE env variable to 1 will disable this hostname check.
Download the certificates locally to the campaign server so they are accessible.

ReferenceJavascript"IOB-090013 error"

And, Here are few SOLVED community post, where the same problem has been addressed.

Go through these different steps and solutions mentioned in these threads, and it might solve your error.

Thread1

Thread2

Thread3

Thread4

ParthaSarathy S

Level 1

Hi @ParthaSarathy 

We have already installed the certificates on the adobe campaign server.

As for the

"As a temporary workaround the customer.sh can be configured with WPP_SSL_ALLOW_INSECURE environment set to 1. Setting WPP_SSL_ALLOW_INSECURE env variable to 1 will disable this hostname check."

I have seen it being presented as a possible solution in several forums, but this is explicitly for a linux server. We are running ACC on a Windows server. I have then tried to add WPP_SSL_ALLOW_INSECURE = 1 in the environment variables, but without luck. How would I configure this variable when running ACC on Windows server?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @mattiaslunden ,

You mentioned that you have a load balancer, which means that you must have more than one Adobe Campaign server. Let's suppose you have two app servers: appServer1 and appServer2, connected to the same database. Your load balancer is named loadBalancer.

If you want to use HTTPS on all three servers, you will need to create an SSL certificate for each domain that you will be setting up. For appServer1 and appServer2, you will need to set up the domain and HTTPS certificate in IIS.

Integration into a Web server for Windows | Adobe Campaign

Please make sure that your certificate is installed correctly on the IIS web server. For example, let's say that your first server's HTTPS URL is https://appServer1. Can you please try to log in with that URL using the client console? If you cannot access the server using this URL, you need to check your configuration there first.

I believe that if you can access the server directly using HTTPS with the client console, then the issue is with the connection via the load balancer. Please try to check the connection configuration between the load balancer and the application servers.

I hope this helps!

Kr,

Parvesh

Administrator

Hi @mattiaslunden,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa