Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

API Call Error

Level 2

Hi all,

I'm trying to establish an API connection but I'm getting this error message:

The URL '(i removed the URL for privacy reasons)' that the script is trying to access is not part of the authorized addresses in urlPermission (serverconf.xml)

I found an earlier answer here in the community that suggested editing the serverconf.xml on my local computer in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Campaign Classic v7 Client\conf . But the only serverconf.xml file i can find is located in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Neolane\NL_5\nlclient\.cache-enu\xtk\schema.. There are no other folders with files that start with serverconf

How can i make this API connection?

Thx

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 4

HI @J2021

We usually allow url's in Adobe Campaign Control panel: 

SorenDP_0-1719406791615.png

Here we simply add URL's that are then whitelisted for external communication. Not sure if it is a hosting specific thing? but maybe it helps

Employee

@J2021 the response given by @SorenDP is the right answer. I just wish to add, the solution you have read is to be applied on the server side.

The place where you are looking on your machine is path for client.

Question to ask? The campaign instance on which you are testing the api, where is it hosted?

Local instance: You will have to manually edit the config-<instance>.xml file inside the /nl/conf directory of your machine where Campaign is installed. You will not have control panel in this case.

Hosted On-Prem: Follow the same steps as above but you will have to contact the system admin who manages the server where campaign is installed. Again there will be no control Panel there

Hosted by Adobe: Gain access to control panel and perform a self service. Here is the detailed documentation on how to make the change https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/control-panel/using/instances-settings/url-permissions

If you do not have access to Control Panel, a Product admin or a Sys admin on Adobe Admin Console for your marketing org, should be able to grant you the required access.

Hope this helps.