Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

URL in SMS delivery

Level 1

Hi,

I have a request where i need to use ''href'' in sms delivery, but when am trying it. I am getting the href code as it is in my sms.It is actually possible?

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@fgtrrt  You just put the URL inside the SMS body text. Campaign will pick it automatically.

SMS doesn't understand HTML and hence it doesn't undestand the keyword href. It will consider it to be part of SMS text and send it as it is.

Just paste the URL and enable tracking, Adobe Campaign will pick it up.

Kindly note, that if tracking is enabled, Campaign can generate a very long tracked URL, replacing the original one you've added. It can increase the length of SMS which means you might end up billed twice the price from SMS vendor.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

@fgtrrt  You just put the URL inside the SMS body text. Campaign will pick it automatically.

SMS doesn't understand HTML and hence it doesn't undestand the keyword href. It will consider it to be part of SMS text and send it as it is.

Just paste the URL and enable tracking, Adobe Campaign will pick it up.

Kindly note, that if tracking is enabled, Campaign can generate a very long tracked URL, replacing the original one you've added. It can increase the length of SMS which means you might end up billed twice the price from SMS vendor.