Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using pixel tracking in Campaign

Level 2

Hi there,

I've been informed of the option of using Adobe Audience trackers in Campaign emails for additional tracking possibilities. I don't have access to Campaign, but I imagine this tool must have its own tracking systems and putting AAM inside mails sent from Campaign would be simply redundant? Or maybe the idea is to remove the lag between the tools? Please help me understand whats the merit of using AAM trackers in Campaign, if there's any.

Cheers,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

If you want to know specifically about inserting pixels in emails for the purpose of syncing hashed email ID with device ID in AAM, as well as collecting other data from email campaigns. Then, that should apply to all email campaign platforms, and not just Adobe Campaign.

Could you check if this blog post helps:

Digital Analytics Insight: Adobe Audience Manager Email Pixel ID Sync

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi piotrk94535551

One approach for sending media data to Audience Manager uses ad server macros to send campaign attributes to Audience Manager.This methodology is often referred to as "pixeling the creative." Those data points are dynamically inserted into the Audience Manager pixel code by the third-party ad server macros, which are used to map and report all impressions and clicks based on the key reporting attributes of the campaign. The aggregated data provides a unified view of campaign performance, helps identify custom conversion paths, and helps customers improve the sequence of ad server events that lead to conversions.

You can read more about this approach in below two links:

Capturing Campaign Impression Data via Pixel Calls

https://docs.adobe.com/help/en/audience-manager/user-guide/implementation-integration-guides/media-d...

Regards,

Shweta

Level 5

Shweta,

I think you misunderstood the question. He/she is asking about a pixel in an Adobe Campaign email. The instructs you sent are for capturing campaign information from an ad server and do not apply to Adobe Campaign

I found a story on the Adobe blog that states Princess Cruises did this:

User Identification - built email pixel with an ID sync to identify visitors who don't always authenticate

Insights - Identifiable audiences grew 3x with email and Analytics ingested into Audience Manager

I am very interested in learning more about inserting a pixel with an ID sync into an Adobe Campaign email to identify visitors who don't always authenticate. Can you point me towards that? Glenn

Level 2

Yup, thank you, that's exactly what was I going for, and the Princess Cruises example is also a case I'd like to explore further.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

If you want to know specifically about inserting pixels in emails for the purpose of syncing hashed email ID with device ID in AAM, as well as collecting other data from email campaigns. Then, that should apply to all email campaign platforms, and not just Adobe Campaign.

Could you check if this blog post helps:

Digital Analytics Insight: Adobe Audience Manager Email Pixel ID Sync

Thanks,

Varun Kalra