Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Test Event URL Tool in the Trait Expression Builder

Level 5

Hello,

I'm trying to find documentation/get help on the test event URL tool in the Trait Expression Builder. The only mention of it I can find is here: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/aam/c_tb_rules.html ​and this is not very helpful.

I am trying to build a rules-based trait for visitors to a specific set of pages: URL variable contains "catering" to get everyone who lands on a catering page of our website and I am assuming that, if I get the expression written correctly, that I should be able to paste an actual catering URL into the test tool and it will confirm the trait is working.

Is that how the tester is supposed to work?  Please let me know. Glenn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Glenn,

There are few things you can do before the Segment or Trait reporting.

1.Create a segment and map that segment to a test cookie destination, see if the cookie destination is being shown in the AA call's response when you qualify for the segment.

2. Grab the AAM UUID and check the list of qualified segments in Visitor Profile Viewer Tool.

3. Use the Audience Analytics feature to see the segment reporting in AA: Experience Cloud Help

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 3

Not exactly. The tester is for the url that fires to Adobe. So you want to grab the url that fires to Adobe Audience Manager (client.demdex.net<http://client.demdex.net>) and use that as tester. If you are using Analytics Server Side Forwarding then that tool is obsolete.

Sent from my Phone

Level 5

Good morning,

We are using analytics SSF. Is there a way to test the expression to know that it was properly written? Having to wait 24-48 hours is less than ideal only to find the expression is not correct.

Please advise. Glenn

Correct answer by
Level 9

Glenn,

There are few things you can do before the Segment or Trait reporting.

1.Create a segment and map that segment to a test cookie destination, see if the cookie destination is being shown in the AA call's response when you qualify for the segment.

2. Grab the AAM UUID and check the list of qualified segments in Visitor Profile Viewer Tool.

3. Use the Audience Analytics feature to see the segment reporting in AA: Experience Cloud Help

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 1

Hi @Varun_Kalra.

How are you?

Will this work if I'm using Web SDK variables as well? Let me know if I can test in this type of case.

Thanks!

Level 5

Thank you Varun, I appreciate it. Unfortunately I am still learning the UI and do not know how to do any of the steps you mention. Can you provide a little more guidance. In the meantime I’ll search the documentation further.

Level 5

Hi Varun,

As I noted above on July, 19th, I would like to revisit the way I can test that new traits are receiving data without having to wait 48+ hours for the system to propagate.

I did not understand your guidance. Glenn