Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Rule Based Traits - Event Type Query?

Level 5

Dear All,

I am still not able to identify the usage between the below event type while create rule based traits in AAM.

• User Trait
  • Site Visitor
  • Page Visitor
  • Delivery Event
  • Conversion
  • Click
  • Click Tracking

It would be great if you have an example on where and when to select the event type?

Thanks,

Vijay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello Vijay,

Event type assigns the trait to a type or category, usually according to function (e.g. conversion, site visitor, partner, page view, etc.) and is optional.

To learn how to create conversion traits, see the Creating Conversion Traits in Audience Manager video .

Data collection in traits depends upon trait type and expression.Here are some tips and tricks which are quite useful while creating traits.

Regards,

Shweta

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello Vijay,

Event type assigns the trait to a type or category, usually according to function (e.g. conversion, site visitor, partner, page view, etc.) and is optional.

To learn how to create conversion traits, see the Creating Conversion Traits in Audience Manager video .

Data collection in traits depends upon trait type and expression.Here are some tips and tricks which are quite useful while creating traits.

Regards,

Shweta

Level 5

Dear Shweta,

Thanks for your quick response.

I totally agree with your reference link on how we can create the traits and also to test as well.

But my only concern is I am unable to see any informations/blogs or examples to understand better on when and where to use this event type listed above by me while create trait rules and again if i left as "blank" in event type options then what could be the impact?

Thank you so much again!

Regards,

Vijay

Level 9

Hi Vijay,

The trait type is a meta data field, which is optional. But, they are required in many use cases for example:
Audience Lab, and Audience Optimization Reports.

While collecting media data traits, you must always assign these types. As there are reports in AOR, for example: reported conversion traits, that will only populate if a correct type is selected.

Pixel Type           Event Type value

Impression           Delivery Event

Click                     Click

Conversion           Conversion

Thanks,

Varun Kalra