Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Using a quote symbol in Analytics classifications

Level 2

I utilize a measurement within a product description that looks something like this: Widget A - 2'3" x 4'2", or Widget B - 20". I believe that the quote character " " " is causing an issue when uploading the classification to Analytics using the importer. I've tried MANY different combinations of a v2.0 and v2.1 importer, excel file types, and trying to escape the special character by including quotes and double quotes in variace places in the key. I successfully use classifications with other items - what simple thing am I missing this time? I think it's a combo of needing to specify v2.0 importer and perhaps NOT using excel. . .

Screenshot 2021-09-08 130517.png

I cannot ask for the product name to be changed (I have that special characters not be used going forward).

I've read (many times):

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/classifications/classifications-importe...

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/classifications/classifications-importe...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

@ptrost ,

Could you elaborate on what happens when you build the file with the header version 2.0 and set the Key value to Widget A - 2'3" x 4'2" ?

Could you please share the file if you are still experiencing an issue?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear ptrost,

If you would have escaped the characters, not sure on the reason.

Let me try to simulate the scenario and get back to you with the answer.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics

Correct answer by
Level 10

@ptrost ,

Could you elaborate on what happens when you build the file with the header version 2.0 and set the Key value to Widget A - 2'3" x 4'2" ?

Could you please share the file if you are still experiencing an issue?