Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Unknown marketing channels

Level 1

Hi,

I'm new to using Adobe Analytics and have seen a few marketing channels that I am not familiar with.

The first one is "other domains". Is this the same as referrals?

The second is "DCom". Does anyone know what this could be?

Thank you,

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Frank,

Regarding your request, are you speaking about Marketing channels found under Marketing Channels >> Channel Overview report or Marketing Channels >> Last touch channel report ?

Are you speaking about the channel name or a line value for a specific channel ?

It will be difficult for us to help you as marketing channels are fully customizable in terms of channel name or even the value sent to it.

here is what I would do in your case.

1.In SiteCatalyst click on STAR >> ADMIN TOOLS >> REPORT SUITE

2.Select your report suite >> Edit settings >> Marketing Channels >> Marketing Channel Manager

Notice : You will see all the different channels available.

3.Click on Create processing rules for your channels or go to Edit settings >> Marketing Channels >> Marketing Channels processing rules.

Notice : You will see all the rules defined for each channel :

a.review the rule for the specific channel : it might give you an idea on what type of hits it captures

b.review the Then do the following for each rule. This is actually the value that will be put under the channel. That will let you know what value is put inside this specific channel and answer your question. to your question.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Frank,

Regarding your request, are you speaking about Marketing channels found under Marketing Channels >> Channel Overview report or Marketing Channels >> Last touch channel report ?

Are you speaking about the channel name or a line value for a specific channel ?

It will be difficult for us to help you as marketing channels are fully customizable in terms of channel name or even the value sent to it.

here is what I would do in your case.

1.In SiteCatalyst click on STAR >> ADMIN TOOLS >> REPORT SUITE

2.Select your report suite >> Edit settings >> Marketing Channels >> Marketing Channel Manager

Notice : You will see all the different channels available.

3.Click on Create processing rules for your channels or go to Edit settings >> Marketing Channels >> Marketing Channels processing rules.

Notice : You will see all the rules defined for each channel :

a.review the rule for the specific channel : it might give you an idea on what type of hits it captures

b.review the Then do the following for each rule. This is actually the value that will be put under the channel. That will let you know what value is put inside this specific channel and answer your question. to your question.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes