Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Anchor tags in a one page design

Level 1

I'm designing a "one page" internal website with multiple stories all under one IP address. All the stories have anchors so you can get to them trough the navigation. Is there a way to add code to make the anchors visible to Adobe Analytics when people scroll to to the next story?  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Klien,

I can relate well to your question as I have had a similar ask couple of years back.

Here is what you need to do. First, decide if you want to track all the stories as a Page View or a Link Click(event). I will give you the solution for both the scenarios below:

1. Tracking Stories as Page Laod.

Solution: To achieve this, you have to call s.t() function on every click of anchor tags resulting in a story load.

2.  Tracking Stories as an Event or Link Click

Solution: Call the s.tl() function onclick of the anchor tags and capture all the appropriate values you wish to capture for Story Load / Story Read in the same image request.

Do like the post should you find useful by clicking on the Heart Icon and move this to Solved status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Klien,

I can relate well to your question as I have had a similar ask couple of years back.

Here is what you need to do. First, decide if you want to track all the stories as a Page View or a Link Click(event). I will give you the solution for both the scenarios below:

1. Tracking Stories as Page Laod.

Solution: To achieve this, you have to call s.t() function on every click of anchor tags resulting in a story load.

2.  Tracking Stories as an Event or Link Click

Solution: Call the s.tl() function onclick of the anchor tags and capture all the appropriate values you wish to capture for Story Load / Story Read in the same image request.

Do like the post should you find useful by clicking on the Heart Icon and move this to Solved status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

Level 5

hi

you can use javascript function/plugin which will trigger the analytic/sitecatalysr request on scrolling.

-- Dev

Level 1

Hi there,

I tried a s.tl() function to register when a new story is scrolls onto the visible screen, but Omniture does not seem to register. I'm also just working on this one site and this is the first time I'm dealing with Omniture. I would appreciate an example of a script which will register when the user scrolls to the next story.

Thanks for the help.

Markus