Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Typed/Bookmarked across all channel

Level 1

Hi all,

I can see the value 'Typed/Bookmarked' in all the channels if i breaking down the marketing Channel report by referring domains. How is that possible? am i missed in tagging or in rule definition?

your help is much appreciated  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear vedantr68040072,

You should not breakdown Marketing Channel by Referring Domain. 

Assume if the visitors click on SMS link with Tracking Code starts with 'SMS' and land your website. Since because you have proper Marketing Channel Processing Rule, under Marketing Channel it will go under SMS.

But the referring domain was 'empty' here (Since it is from SMS and no referrer). So if you break the Marketing Channel by Referring Domain, it will be 'Typed/Bookmark'.

So, please use 'Marketing Channel Detail' to correlate.

There were plenty of discussion went on related to this topic and you can search for it inside the Forum. I would try to post a Blog on it.

Thank You!

Arun 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

You might be looking at visits metrics . For channel instances, use marketing channel instances metrics.

Level 1
Hi HarishKumar, thanks :).. i was looking at visit metrics but now i am checking with marketing instances metric, i can see type/bookmarked traffic under paid search and email channel..

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear vedantr68040072,

You should not breakdown Marketing Channel by Referring Domain. 

Assume if the visitors click on SMS link with Tracking Code starts with 'SMS' and land your website. Since because you have proper Marketing Channel Processing Rule, under Marketing Channel it will go under SMS.

But the referring domain was 'empty' here (Since it is from SMS and no referrer). So if you break the Marketing Channel by Referring Domain, it will be 'Typed/Bookmark'.

So, please use 'Marketing Channel Detail' to correlate.

There were plenty of discussion went on related to this topic and you can search for it inside the Forum. I would try to post a Blog on it.

Thank You!

Arun